Frame drops with Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-45-R97Z

vydelio
vydelio Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, i just recently bought Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-45-R97Z) and I'm experiencing frame drops in almost all games even with the lowest settings.
Laptop is always on charge, I've set all the options on the best performance possible. All drivers are up to date. Any solutions? :)

( edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    (1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• vydelio

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    (1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Battery report, Installed batteries:

Recent usage:

Battery usage, usage history, battery capacity history:

Battery life estimates:

• JackE
    Battery sensors aren't reporting actual (60wh) vs design (58.7wh) capacity correctly. Try this. Open Device Manager. Expand batteries folder. Uninstall all battery drivers that you find in this folder. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Reboot Windows and allow it to auto install fresh copies of the battery drivers. Then re-do the battery report.

Jack E/NJ

• vydelio

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Battery sensors aren't reporting actual (60wh) vs design (58.7wh) capacity correctly. Try this. Open Device Manager. Expand batteries folder. Uninstall all battery drivers that you find in this folder. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Reboot Windows and allow it to auto install fresh copies of the battery drivers. Then re-do the battery report.

Here you go

• JackE
    >>> I've set all the options on the best performance possible.>>>
    Still showing more than design capacity. But let's assume you lucked out and got a better than expected battery. Please post a screenshot of your power plan if possible. Also click on advanced power plan settings and post a screenshot of folders that pop up.

>>>All drivers are up to date.>>>
    Acer OEM nvidia drivers? Or generic nvidia drivers?

Jack E/NJ

• vydelio

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>> I've set all the options on the best performance possible.>>>
    Still showing more than design capacity. But let's assume you lucked out and got a better than expected battery. Please post a screenshot of your power plan if possible. Also click on advanced power plan settings and post a screenshot of folders that pop up.

>>>All drivers are up to date.>>>
    Acer OEM nvidia drivers? Or generic nvidia drivers?

Hello, I think the games that I've played (Watch Dogs 2, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order) had some issues in themselves not in the computer. I tested other games and they we're running perfectly fine. Thank you for your help and time:).

• JackE
    Good observations and conclusions. Thanks for reporting back on your game tests. :)

Jack E/NJ