Nitro 5 Horizontal lines on screen?

Farenhyte
Farenhyte Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
My Nitro 5 suddenly had horizontal lines on its screen after working perfectly fine for just over an year. There was no physical damage, no pressure, no bump anytime. I was just watching a video on YT when it suddenly had these lines. I've reset the drivers, booted in safe mode, but lines still persist. A guy at a local repair shop said it could be the display cable issue. But I cannot find the cable online, any solutions?
I live in India, and the screen is 2560x1440, 165Hz, 3ms response (advertised). I've attached photos which show the screen condition and the display cable sticker.

( edited the title to add the model name )

Best Answer

Answers

• Farenhyte
    First 10 digits of Serial Number: NHQBCSI002
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Have you tried changing the refresh rate in Advanced display settings? Or unable to change from 60Hz, I am unable to view the Refresh rate clearly in your picture, anyway, the part number for the cable is 50.Q7KN2.012
    I couldn't find any retailers in India, I would suggest you contact Acer support centre in India, they might be able to find a retailer in India.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005003294064470.html
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact
  • Farenhyte
    @brummyfan2

I'm able to change the refresh rates. I was just trying, when I switched from 165 to 60, the screen worked perfectly for a few seconds, and then the lines appeared again. I did contact one of my nearest service centers, and they denied service of an out of warranty product. Not a day goes by when I don't regret not getting extended warranty.
  • adebolajo77
    adebolajo77 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have same issue. Immediately I switch from 165 to 60 it stops.

How do I fixed this

• sinanbaltali
    sinanbaltali Member Posts: 1 New User

The same lines appeared in my Acer nitro gaming monitor today. I disconnected the monitor from the PC but the issue persisted in the "no signal" screen; it is not a software issue for sure.

Did you resolve the problem?