Intel Graphics Update - Makes a Huge Difference Predator Triton 300 SE (PT314-51s)

PapaDEL
PapaDEL Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Predator Den
If you download "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" it will show an update for the Intel Graphic XE but gives a warning that it may adversely affect the OEM graphic settings. I created a restore point before installing, but the result was that advanced video editing software from Corel Pinnacle now works correctly. Also, where I formerly saw the GPU was constantly idle, it is now being utilized and is rarely shown as just idle. Note: My model: Predator Triton 300 SE (PT314-51s) 
Best of Luck to you!

Comments

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    PapaDEL said:
    If you download "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" it will show an update for the Intel Graphic XE but gives a warning that it may adversely affect the OEM graphic settings. I created a restore point before installing, but the result was that advanced video editing software from Corel Pinnacle now works correctly. Also, where I formerly saw the GPU was constantly idle, it is now being utilized and is rarely shown as just idle. Note: My model: Predator Triton 300 SE (PT314-51s) 
    Best of Luck to you!
    I've always installed the official Intel graphics drivers anyway and they always worked 100%, just to let other member know. But and with Win-11 and Win-10 there is a fault with Windows Update (that I've got a topic on here titled "Windows 11-10 updates keeps installing older Intel Xe and other Graphics display driver in a loop" as the Windows Update continually rolls back whatever the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" updates a new graphics driver to and reinstalls the windows older version and it does this continually irrespective if you update to the new driver from Intel.

The solution to this Windows Update loop problem is to 
    Download Windows Update MiniTool - MajorGeeks and install this freeware as this software will fix and stop this problem of the old Intel driver from being installed in a loop in windows update, as you can deletes these graphics or any windows updates from windows update, you can also use this software instead of the official "Windows Update" to be able to chose all the drivers that you want and don't want to install into your windows (which btw I suggest only to delete these looping graphics drivers or any bios Insyde updates as the Insyde bios windows updates will brick your laptop 100% of the times) you can use this software as an alternative scan to windows update. Just wanted to let all community members know as the official Intel Solution to this problem at "Windows* Update Reverting to an Older Graphics Driverdoes not fix anything as this problem and their solution does not work as the loop will continue, cheers and hope this helps many members out.