ACER Chromebook (CB5-571-C09S) How to locate the AUE daye?

Quetzalcoatl
Quetzalcoatl Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2022 in Chromebooks
I'm replacing my ACER Chromebook (CB5-571-C09S) with a newer model that hasn't reached the AUE date - I'm looking in the Acer Store and on Amazon - how can I determine the AUE date for a Chromebook ??

[ edited the title to add the model name ]

Answers

• Quetzalcoatl
    Quetzalcoatl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Note that I do not have any of the new Chromebooks I'm looking at in my hands, so I can't look at "About Chrome OS", "Additional Details"
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    AUE is typically 8 years from introduction, though with older models it was shorter than that. I believe it was 6.5 years for your CB5-571 back in 2015. The only way to tell for sure is to look on the system after you get it though.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Yes, that shows the AUI for his old Chromebook, he was asking about the new models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xttwo2
    xttwo2 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    From the gist of the original post; all anyone needs to know is that you buy a new computer; the first time it's turned on and the operating system sets up while you are logged into a wifi network or some other connection; the clock starts. If there are computers people buy new but reach it's update expiration shortly after purchase; it's still a computer worth having so long as there are no signiciant issues with it.    
  • billsey
    I'm not positive, but I believe the clock starts when the model is first shipped, not when the unit is first purchased. That's because an individual unit might sit on the shelf for a long time before being sold...