Acer All In One with light on the side Aspire C27-962

PlayerOne
PlayerOne Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2022 in All-In-One PCs

So I got an Acer Aspire C27-962 in November last year and I noticed the fan was overheating. I opened up the PC and cleaned up the fan. 
So when I sealed the PC back up I noticed on the right side of the PC ( not the screen) that a light was coming out when the PC was on. I tried unscrewing it and pushing it in but it just pops back up. I don't know if I snapped something or if I didn't push it in right

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Can you show us some pictures of that area with the light showing?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PlayerOne
    The light on the side
  • billsey
    Yes, it looks like you didn't get that latch in place when you slid to top cover down. I think that is backlight bleed from the display, since there are no lights in that area otherwise. When you assemble that cover you want to make sure all the latches are seated before sliding the cover down to allow the screws to engage.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PlayerOne
    Sorry for the very late response. I tried pushing it in as hard as I can and it still wont come in. I also tried doing it very slowly and steadily but still nothing. I don't know if the latch snapped or not.
  • billsey
    I'd just leave it alone, stick some tape over it if the light is bothersome, but it has no functional issues...