Screen Issues: Color / Luminosity / Saturation ConceptD 7 Pro.

Bacchinif
Bacchinif Member Posts: 52 Die Hard WiFi Icon
Hey everyone, I'm opening this thread as I'm experiencing some issues with my ConceptD 7 Pro.
I don't know why, but when the notebook is not plugged in the brightness struggles to remain stable. It seems like some auto-brightness kicks in even though I've disabled it through Windows control panel.

The issue is more visible when:

- Waking up the pc from screen saver
- Changing Chrome tab (i.e: going from a light page to a dark one)
- Changing content (i.e: going from Chrome to another folder)

Is there anything specific I can do? When the problem occurs most of the colors look a bit washed out.

The issues that I'm experiencing are mostly "software-related" as basically the colors remain stable if I stay on the same page / app... but they slightly changes when going from one app to another.
It's kind of hard to describe in words, but it's just like the monitor brings down the saturation and the changes the white balance randomly when goin from one content to another.

Every suggestions is appreciated.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Access the intel graphics command center and disable these options:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings the are currently unavailable' neaar the top of the next pane. Scroll down and make sure the box for fast startup is UNchecked. Then shutdown Windows normally, Then try to disable adaptive brightness again. Use this tutorial if you still have issues. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/70157-enable-disable-adaptive-brightness-windows-10-a.html

Jack E/NJ

• Bacchinif
    JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings the are currently unavailable' neaar the top of the next pane. Scroll down and make sure the box for fast startup is UNchecked. Then shutdown Windows normally, Then try to disable adaptive brightness again. Use this tutorial if you still have issues. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/70157-enable-disable-adaptive-brightness-windows-10-a.html

I'm pretty sure it is a software issue as I'm able to recreate what's the problem.

Each time I jump from a very dark content (e.g. dark background) to a light one (black Word page) I can clearly see a shift in colors / brigthness / saturation and white balance.

I've tried all of the methods suggested, but nothing changed.

Now I'll reboot.
  • JackE
    >>>Now I'll reboot. >>>

Yes, must be a full power down cold boot. Not a restart or warm reboot. And make sure fast startup is OFF. Otherwise RAM may not be fully cleared of auto adaptive brightness settings . Then try the methods again.

Jack E/NJ

• Bacchinif
    JackE said:
    >>>Now I'll reboot. >>>

Yes, must be a full power down cold boot. Not a restart or warm reboot. And make sure fast startup is OFF. Otherwise RAM may not be fully cleared of auto adaptive brightness settings . Then try the methods again.
    Nothing has changed unfortunately.
    Anything else I could do?
  • JackE
    >>>but they slightly changes when going from one app to another.>>>

Maybe have to look for brightness control settings in the apps themselves, Individual apps settings certainly have the capability of over-riding the operating system settings. What app is the most noticeable when you switch the screen to it? Is it switched to full or partial screen when the brightness changes?

Jack E/NJ

• Bacchinif
    JackE said:
    >>>but they slightly changes when going from one app to another.>>>

Maybe have to look for brightness control settings in the apps themselves, Individual apps settings certainly have the capability of over-riding the operating system settings. What app is the most noticeable when you switch the screen to it? Is it switched to full or partial screen when the brightness changes?
    Usually I have this kind of issue with Google Chrome.

Normally the problem occurs when the app is full screen.

Here you can find two images of the issue.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rg5HIWfNiuJiukH97KvdFUTDLWBsFMmb

Sorry but the description is in Italian. I bet you can understand the issue regardless of the language.
  • JackE
    >>>Usually I have this kind of issue with Google Chrome.>>>

Google chrome and the related Edge can be notorious bad actors. Chrome especially is a Windows system resource hog and messes up my machine. What happens when you use FireFox instead?

Jack E/NJ

• Bacchinif
    JackE said:

Google chrome and the related Edge can be notorious bad actors. Chrome especially is a Windows system resource hog and messes up my machine. What happens when you use FireFox instead?
    I use lots of Google services, hence Google Chrome is the natural way to go. 

I can try to recreate the same scenario with Firefox and keep you posted if the screen issue occurs again.
  • Bacchinif
    Bacchinif said:
    JackE said:

I use lots of Google services, hence Google Chrome is the natural way to go. 

I can try to recreate the same scenario with Firefox and keep you posted if the screen issue occurs again.
    The same happens with Firefox and the problem is even more evident when the PC is not plugged in.

I'm pretty sure it must be some sort of battery saving settings that it's hidden somewhere.
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'edit power plan' in left pane. What is power plan? Then click 'advance power settings' . Expand 'Display' folder. What options do you see?

Jack E/NJ

• Bacchinif
    JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'edit power plan' in left pane. What is power plan? Then click 'advance power settings' . Expand 'Display' folder. What options do you see?
    Hi Jack.
    This is what I'm seing:

No references to some "energy saving" options.
  • JackE
    >>> the problem is even more evident when the PC is not plugged in.>>>

Test 'never' turn off on battery to see what happens. You may have to re-boot to take effect.

Jack E/NJ

• Bacchinif
    JackE said:
    >>> the problem is even more evident when the PC is not plugged in.>>>

Test 'never' turn off on battery to see what happens. You may have to re-boot to take effect.
    Same issue.
    Absolutely nothing has changed even after modifying that setting.

Should I bring it over to Acer?

I know it's not an hardware issue but it's a software related thing... it's only annoying that I can't figure out why when the computer isn't plugged in the system autonomously decides how to handle colors, brightness and contrast...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bacchinif

Hilarious, I don't have the energy tab!

• Bacchinif
    edited August 2022
    Update.

FIXED.

I had to update the graphic control center and then disabled all of the power savings options. Now it seems to be working fine!

[Edited the content by removing sensitive information]
  • You are welcome my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• If you want, I can teach you how to install predator sense on conceptd too.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bacchinif
    If you want, I can teach you how to install predator sense on conceptd too.

Why should I need it? What is that?

Anyway, planning to upgrade to Windows 11 with a clean install in a couple of weeks, so I don't think I need it by now.
  • You will be able to control the fans!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer