Acer C120 Projector wont connect to laptop

seasider
seasider Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2022 in Projectors
My customer has an Acer C120 projector, we have tried every way to get the EXE on the projector flash drive to run, no luck. our security team have investigated our AV setup still wont run. I have downloaded the 'dlusb_launcherC120.exe' and tried to run that but it just does nothing ( i used an admin account). Plugging the projector in powers it up and displays the intro but the resulting usb drives are only present in windows explorer for about 30-seconds before they disappear. 

[edited the title to add  model name ]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer
    Did you download, unzip and follow the PDF autoplay installation instructions in the user manual? This should be done on the PC before connecting it to the projector.

Jack E/NJ

• seasider
    We had our security team allow the device in AV; The autoplay window is never displayed, just running the EXE (that autoplay runs) does nothing I was logged on with an admin account. Yes, I downloaded the zip file which is just a copy of what is on the projector, still wouldnt run. All windows 10 autoplay settings are setup to run from 'all media and devices'. 
  • JackE
    >>>>We had our security team allow the device in AV; >>>All windows 10 autoplay settings are setup to run from 'all media and devices'.  >>>

Try right clicking properties on dlusb_launcherC120.exe. Click compatibility tab. Try running it in Win7 compatibility mode if available.

Jack E/NJ

• seasider
    many thanks I will try when I get back to site.
  • seasider
    I tried that but no change. I will contact our security team again and get the AV configured and try again this afternoon.
  • JackE
    >>>>We had our security team allow the device in AV;>>>
    >>> I will contact our security team again and get the AV configured >>>

What do you mean by this? AV? AudioVisual department? I'm not sure how this projector and/or laptop is being allowed into AV or how the AV gets configured to allow the projector and/or laptop into AV? What is AV? Sorry, all I know is we seem to have a C120 projector that won't connect to some unknown laptop with Win10 that some security team has to allow into some unknown AV that has to be configured somehow. :o

Jack E/NJ

• seasider
    Sorry, not very clear is it :-) Anti Virus software on our PC build disallows access to USB devices. This access disallows any writes to a USB device unless it is specifically allowed. When we try and run the EXE it just doesnt do anything, I am going to try a 'process monitor' to try and see if it actually runs at all later today. This true is the projector is plugged in and we try and run the EXE from the resulting drives in Windows explorer or we download the EXE and run it from the HDD. If the projector is plugged in the resultant drives in Windows Explorer will only appear for around 30-seconds before they disappear. I do believe it's something to do with our PC build, my customer is going to bring in her own laptop and see if it installs on that.

many thanks for your time.
  • JackE
    >>>Windows Explorer will only appear for around 30-seconds before they disappear. >>>my customer is going to bring in her own laptop and see if it installs on that.>>>

Sorry, in many cases 3rd party non-Mic ro soft antimalware has to be fully uninstalled, not just disabled & certainly not partly so. That brief 30-second peek by FileExplorer might suggest that your security team may have allowed it to get its foot in a door that's still chain-locked by the antimalware which then slams it shut 30 seconds later. :)

Jack E/NJ