CB314-1H 14 HD How can I download Audio Drivers or anything to fix the sound AND the trackpad?

Robert123
Robert123 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited April 2022 in Chromebooks
Hi everyone! I recently downloaded Windows 10 on my Acer Chromebook 314 and then immediatly when setting it up, I noticed that the trackpad was not responding to the system. After I set it up i noticed the Audio was not working and it would not detect a drive. I have tried multiple times to download via the internet, but nothing would work neither on the trackpad or the audio. Please help me ASAP. Thank you.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ Robert123

1. Make sure sound isn't muted: At the bottom right, select the time. Adjust the volume using the slider.
    2. Change the sound input or output: At the bottom right, select the time. ...
    3. Unplug audio devices (like headphones or speakers) from your Chromebook.
    4. Reset your Chromebook.
    5. Recover your Chromebook.

• Robert123
    Jeyam said:

Hi @ Robert123

1. Make sure sound isn't muted: At the bottom right, select the time. Adjust the volume using the slider.
    2. Change the sound input or output: At the bottom right, select the time. ...
    3. Unplug audio devices (like headphones or speakers) from your Chromebook.
    4. Reset your Chromebook.
    5. Recover your Chromebook.

I have checked everything but the problem is that I don't have a driver installed for audio, it's missing. Could you find one that works on CB314-1HT?
  • What is the exact model? Example CB314-54-58VH. Can you tell the idhardware of the problem devices?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Robert123
    What is the exact model? Example CB314-54-58VH. Can you tell the idhardware of the problem devices?

Acer Chromebook 314 CB314-1H 14 HD 1080
  • Can you tell the idhardware of the problem devices? Example:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The Chromebook BIOS is typically not setup to work correctly with Windows. It is a little surprising you have been able to get so far...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Robert123
    edited April 2022
    Can you tell the idhardware of the problem devices? Example:

For the audio, it's = PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3198&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_06

• Have you tried to download the driverbooster program, to verify that the program finds the correct drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robert123
    Have you tried to download the driverbooster program, to verify that the program finds the correct drivers?

Where can I download it?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    None of that will work on a Chromebook. Those are for Windows machines.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yellowstang
    yellowstang Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited July 2022
    I have the exact same acer 314 running windows 10. My audio drivers are not working and I have to use a USB wireless mouse. Everything runs fine and twice as fast, Also a lot more productive. I'll follow this maybe some one with a little knowledge with help us to resolve the audio driver problem.
  • billsey
    @yellowstang if your machine is running Windows it's not a Chromebook. :) Please start a thread of your own in the appropriate section. Include the full model number (there are a huge number of models that might be a "314"), what you are seeing as the issue and what you have tried already.
  • yellowstang
    Yes billsey it is a chromebook ACER CB314 series Model #N19Q2 CB314-IH-C66Z. 
    Yes it has been modded to suit my needs. I reflashed the bios and installed Windows 10. It has a Celeron processor with 4g memory which is plenty enough recourses to run any version of windows.
     I admit that now it is not a Chromebook, but that does not mean that I don't need the Original drivers for the on board audio. 
     Now  seeing that you have been on this forum long enough to have a very impressive rank of ace trailblazer with well over 23k post I would think you possibly might have the resources to figure out what the factory drivers are for this particular ACER Chromebook and where I might find them.
      Thanks for your time.
                    YS 
  • billsey
    OK, your CB314-1H (note the 1, not I) uses a Dialog Semiconductor DA7219 Audio Codec chip. See if you can find a driver, perhaps from the manufacturer? They may or may not support Windows...
  • yellowstang
    edited July 2022
    Thank you billsey, that is more info than I could find on the acer web site. I'll do some searching, I'll let you know how it comes out.
  • yellowstang
    Thank you very much billsey! I now have audio and in the process of finding it also found the touchpad driver. Good folks like you are getting hard to find now days'
  • billsey
    Glad we could sort it out for you. Be sure and mark the solution so other with the same question will get this thread pushed to them.
  • LAID
    LAID Member Posts: 1 New User
    yellowstang, CAN YOU SEND ME THE SOUND DRIVER OF CB314-1H
  • HortenciaInf0
    HortenciaInf0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2022

How did you solve the problem? Could you help me now, please?