My Nitro AN515-54 keeps restarting and going to blue screen

covarr
covarr Member Posts: 6 New User
My laptop is stuck on a restarting loop and it keeps bringing me to the blue screen. Whenever I try to fix it, it just brings me back.
Does anyone know how to help?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    (1) Press and hold power button till laptop shuts off.
    (2) Unplug charger
    (3) Gently insert and press paperclip into battery disconnect pinhole on bottom for about a minute
    (4) Plug charger back in and wait for battery charge LED to turn steady blue
    (5) After turning steady blue, try to turn laptop on again

Jack E/NJ

• covarr
    I can’t find that for my laptop
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    covarr

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..   Let us do the basic steps first..

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.  Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and – sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don’t find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed, flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.  After releasing the button you should wait a while before plugging in power. Just because the button has been pressed doesn’t bleed off all the residual electricity on the motherboard. Wait 15-30 minutes before plugging in power. Then once power is connected wait for a full battery indication before turning the system on. That allows the battery to fully reset it’s internal statistics.

Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet.   Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.    Try to use an alternative charger if possible.    Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it  ( as long as the battery is not drained out )  

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand Battery
    right click on all the items below battery – uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    covarr

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.   I will do my best to help you.   For me, it looks like a software issue, still we need to isolate the issue. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt ) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.   Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

My goal is to help you to get into repair mode.  It will show you - chose an option, continue, troubleshoot, use a device.

Different ways of getting into repair mode:

When you start the computer, once it goes to automatic repair, diagnosing your pc , it will show you something like restart, advanced options.  If you click on advanced option, it will go to repair mode where it will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot, use a device.  If you are not able to get into repair mode, we might have to do a hard reset to get into repair mode.   Turn on the computer.   Once it goes  beyond the acer logo, turn off the computer immediately by holding the power button.   Do this for 6 to 7 times.   Turn on the computer.   It will go to repair mode. 

If it is still not working you have to follow these steps. There are two alt keys on the keyboard.  If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar.  The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car.  Turn off the computer.  Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode.  If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer.  Turn on the computer.  Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt )  and then tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    covarr

If you are able to go to repair mode, please follow the steps given below.

If the computer goes to automatic repair – diagnosing your pc.    If you see restart and advanced option
    click on advanced options
    It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot
    Go to troubleshoot  - advanced options 
    click on system restore – click on your account – type the password 
    chose an earlier date on which it was working fine.     Click on finish and yes
    Computer will load into windows..

If the system restore is not working please try the following steps

If the computer goes to automatic repair – diagnosing your pc.    If you see restart and advanced option
    Go to troubleshoot  -  advanced options – chose startup settings – click on restart -  It will show you a list of options.  Please press no 5 on keyboard to go to safe mode with networking.  It will go to login screen – type the password -  It will show you the icons in safe mode.    Now shutdown and restart the computer to regular mode. 

If you are not able to go to safe mode with networking then please try the following steps.. 

Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc
    click on keep my files  ( only applications will be lost )   chose your account and type your password   - click on local reinstall  - click on reset
    It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 
    It will reinstall windows. 

You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10  or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.    Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE
    >>>I can’t find that for my laptop >>>>

Can you please post a phone photo of the bottom of your laptop in the area of the red circle?

Jack E/NJ

• covarr
    I’m sorry for taking too long. I just gave the laptop to a friend to see if he could fix it. he said to buy something and replace it inside the laptop. He couldn’t fix it and now it says Recovery Your Pc/Device needs to
    be repaired
  • JackE
    Can you please post a phone photo of the bottom of your laptop in the area of the red circle?

Jack E/NJ

• The model is the AN515-54. Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Yeah, thanks I think I posted the A515-54. Sorry. :o

Jack E/NJ