Acer B3-A30 tablet stuck in bootloop.

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Stuck on the boot logo screen? Applying a bfh to the screen should fix this.

As @billsey suggested earlier, the flash memory has only  a limited number of read/write cycles. Like a USB stick. This might be what you're running up against. I don't think it effectively uses the onboard RAM to minimize this while running like a normal SSD that usually also has higher quality flash memory.   

Jack E/NJ

• 3060PlayZ
    3060PlayZ Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:

As @billsey suggested earlier, the flash memory has only  a limited number of read/write cycles. Like a USB stick. This might be what you're running up against. I don't think it effectively uses the onboard RAM to minimize this while running like a normal SSD that usually also has higher quality flash memory.   
    Well, I used to factory reset it every month after I filled up the storage :/
  • 3060PlayZ
    JackE said:

Also what is a "BFH"?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    >>>Well, I used to factory reset it every month after I filled up the storage>>>

OK. That might be it then. My cheap USB sticks typically survive only 3 or 4 wipes. So I also backup all my really critical stuff weekly on another HDD.

BFH? A big friendly hammer from the HomeDepot.

Jack E/NJ

• 3060PlayZ
    JackE said:
    >>>Well, I used to factory reset it every month after I filled up the storage>>>

OK. That might be it then. My cheap USB sticks typically survive only 3 or 4 wipes. So I also backup all my really critical stuff weekly on another HDD.

but.... but it still shows an acer logo
  • 3060PlayZ
    JackE said:

but that will make the screen even worser
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The Acer logo runs off the ROM and doesn't require access to the drive. Loading the OS after the logo appears is what needs the drive to complete.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.