Aspire c27-1655 ssd drive not detected in Windows10 installation

Worn
Worn Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi

I am trying to install a fresh Windows on my computer but I have a little trouble with the driver controller Intel RST VDM

Windows installation is constantly screaming about the lack of a suitable driver even when selecting the driver downloaded from the official Acer website for this model recognizes but cannot install.

where the error may be, is there a newer version?  official Intel drivers don't help either

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited July 2022
    Did you follow these instructions to install the IRST driver?
    You can find a detailled description to install the driver here. Hope that helps.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Extract the drivers to the install flash drive, then use the Browse option to find the driver and install it at that point.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Worn
    Worn Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2022
    Hi
    I was acting exactly as in the instructions, everything is detected perfectly until the installation is attempted, computer tries to add the driver from external usb, then triggers an error.

"no device drivers found"

Which is a very strange thing because it previously accepted the .inf file and found Intel RST VMD Controller

Reset the bios to the factory settings also gives nothing and the disk is detected in bios linux installation no problems until the graphics hybrid driver

in terms of hardware, I think everything should be fgood.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @Worn you can try to go to the BIOS, navigate to the advanced tab, VMD setup menu, and disable the VMD controller.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!