Nitro AN515-45 Update bios - When will the new BIOS be repaired.

vlado22
vlado22 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Nitro Gaming
When will the new BIOS be repaired by the AMD processor's stuttering?
 [Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What BIOS version causes stuttering? I haven't heard of this. Stuttering is usually caused by CPU/GPU overheating if the thermal module hasn't been cleaned & repasted in more than a year. When is the last time you did this thermal module maintenance?

Jack E/NJ

• vlado22
    vlado22 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Zadanie komentára
  • JackE
    If you have stuttering issues related to this in Win10, you must keep checking for Win10 updates at this link like the rest of us Acer users. If the permanent AMD fix actually was completed in May 2022, then it should Win10 updates should be available fairly soon. We are not Acer employees or service representatives here so we cannot tell you exactly when it will be released. If you have Win11, you must also keep checking for Win11 updates at the same link. 

Jack E/NJ

• gulafaran
    gulafaran Member Posts: 2 New User

got the same laptop and yeah still happends, and is very much real. affects any OS touching the tpm2 what so ever, even linux. gone various lengths trying to report this through various "contact acer" but it all ended up with them either sending me off to where i bought it for "repair" or RMA. luckily you can disable tpm in the bios settings and live on stutter free. my recommendation would be to buy your next hardware from a proper company that actually cares about their customers.

• JackE

Everybody who is anybody knows TPM2 is buggy. A less-than-half-baked work in progress. Just like the current buggy prematurely-released Win11 version that won't even install on barely one or two year-old machines that don't have TPM2 hardware installed. Can make a person irate. So what's an irate person to do? Well, you can spend more money if you think Win11 is where it's at. Or not, if you don't. 🙂

Jack E/NJ