Acer Aspire SW3-013-16PSwitch 10E touchscreen, ports, buttons and other functions don't work anymore

Frostelus
Frostelus Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited July 2022 in Switch Series
Ever since the last Windows update, many of the tablets functions no longer works.
* I can no longer use the touchscreen
* battery icon is missing
* No option for tablet mode
* The buttons on the side no longer works except for the power button, but I can't use it to put the tablet to sleep, nor can I close the lid to do that either.
* SD card reader no longer works.
* The audio jack, HDMI out port and built-in speakers are not detected in device manager and can't be used at all.

Basically, most of the tablets features no longer works or aren't detected in device manager at all.
But the most essential features like keyboard, mousepad, charging port, USB port, power button, etc works fine.
The tablet basically functions as a standard PC now.
I tried resetting the tablet, reinstall Windows, check for any available drivers on the website and troubleshooting, but nothing helped. Any suggestion on how I can fix this?

{ edited the title to add the model name ) 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I tried resetting the tablet, reinstall Windows, check for any available drivers on the website and troubleshooting, but nothing helped. Any suggestion on how I can fix this? >>>

Aye!!! Did you first check Control Panel's restore point app to see if you could uninstall the update?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Fire up Device Manager to see if anything is flagged...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Frostelus

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>I tried resetting the tablet, reinstall Windows, check for any available drivers on the website and troubleshooting, but nothing helped. Any suggestion on how I can fix this? >>>

Aye!!! Did you first check Control Panel's restore point app to see if you could uninstall the update?
    There's no option for me to restore previous updates, unfortunately...
  • Frostelus

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Fire up Device Manager to see if anything is flagged...
    Nothing is flagged in device manager. None of the tablets functions like the touch screen, speakers, ports, etc are detected at all.
  • JackE
    Please post a screenshot or phone photo of Device Manager anyway with the View tab hidden devices checkmarked.

Jack E/NJ

• What is the exact model? Example S3-013P.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Frostelus

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Please post a screenshot or phone photo of Device Manager anyway with the View tab hidden devices checkmarked.
    There you go. I can't find anything that's related to the touch screen and all those other functions that no longer works
  • Frostelus

Tinkerer

What is the exact model? Example S3-013P.
    SW3-013-16PW
  • billsey
    Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section, my guess is one is missing... Though we might need to get another user to do theirs as well to see which it is. I don't have a SW3-013 around here.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Frostelus

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section, my guess is one is missing... Though we might need to get another user to do theirs as well to see which it is. I don't have a SW3-013 around here.
    Here you go:Frhandsgranskning av bild
  • JackE
    Sorry. No screenshot image was attached,

Jack E/NJ

• Frostelus

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry. No screenshot image was attached,
    Hope this works now
  • JackE
    Is one of the composite devices turned off or inaccessible? Right click on it to see if it can be enabled.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    That is likely the one, it's shown gray since it's a hidden device, and it's hidden because it's "no longer connected", even though it's physically present.
  • Frostelus

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Is one of the composite devices turned off or inaccessible? Right click on it to see if it can be enabled.

When I right click, it only gives me the option to update drivers, uninstall drivers, scan for hardware changes or view properties. When looking at properties, it's device status tells me that the device is not connected (code 45).
  • JackE
    Looks like the dock must be disassembled to check the usb board connector to the mainboard. 10 or 11 screws must be removed and bottom cover pried off te dock to access the connector.

Jack E/NJ

• Frostelus

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Looks like the dock must be disassembled to check the usb board connector to the mainboard. 10 or 11 screws must be removed and bottom cover pried off te dock to access the connector.
    But there's nothing wrong with the dock itself. It's all those ports and the touchscreen of the tablet that does not work
  • Does the same problem occur when reinstalling windows?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>>But there's nothing wrong with the dock itself. It's all those ports and the touchscreen of the tablet that does not work >>>

Exactly which ports on the tablet do not work?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    It is the ports internally on the motherboard. There aren't physical interfaces, just connections on the motherboard between the chipset and the socket for the devices. So, the touchscreen interface is typically part of the eDP cable, and the eDP cable socket has the needed USB pins on it.