Maximum RAM and Frequency Supported by Acer nitro 5 AN515-54-59UV-7

Frost_606
Frost_606 Member Posts: 3 New User
What's the maximum amount of RAM supported by Acer nitro 5 AN515-54-59UV-7 (i5-9300h - Octavia CFS)? It came with 2 RAM slots out of which one is occupied with a 8GB 2400MHz stick. 
What would happen if you change RAM for one with a higher frequency speed (for example: 2933 mhz)?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Frost_606 said:
    First of all thanks for the answer, and regarding the second question I meant to place 2 RAM of a higher frequency than the notebook can support

what could happen to the notebook ?

it is a question to know more than anything.

The laptop will not boot, as the example I've given above was not about the ram and compatibility but the theory of putting a lower frequency and higher frequency modules together and what happens and not like you said "one is occupied with a 8GB 2400MHz stick. What would happen if you change RAM for one with a higher frequency speed (for example: 2933 mhz)" as that will also make your laptop not boot.

Best is to do the Crucial System Scan as this scan will also tell you the exact compatible frequency and max capacity ram that is compatible into your laptops ram slots (which is 64GB 2x 16GB) and best. I install CPUz to see your OEM spec ram and update to the same 1x 8GB DDR4-2400MHz type ram which is your cheapest option but not the best, as what Acer recommends for the most is 2x DDR4-2666Mhz at 2x 16GB. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    Frost_606 said:
    What's the maximum amount of RAM supported by Acer nitro 5 AN515-54-59UV-7 (i5-9300h - Octavia CFS)? It came with 2 RAM slots out of which one is occupied with a 8GB 2400MHz stick. 
    What would happen if you change RAM for one with a higher frequency speed (for example: 2933 mhz)?
    The AN515-54 laptop as far as Acer suggest can take 2x 16GB DDR4-2400Mhz and up to max DDR4-2666Mhz, if you put a DDR4-2933Mhz into one slot and 1x DDR4-2666Mhz then the ram always works at the lower speed so its useless and a waste, also it won't run at dual channel. Keep both memory modules at the same frequencies also do the Crucial System Scan as this laptop can take 64GB ram (2x 32GB DDR4) so do that scan and find out.  
  • Frost_606
    First of all thanks for the answer, and regarding the second question I meant to place 2 RAM of a higher frequency than the notebook can support

• StevenGen
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Frost_606 said:

The laptop will not boot, as the example I've given above was not about the ram and compatibility but the theory of putting a lower frequency and higher frequency modules together and what happens and not like you said "one is occupied with a 8GB 2400MHz stick. What would happen if you change RAM for one with a higher frequency speed (for example: 2933 mhz)" as that will also make your laptop not boot.

Best is to do the Crucial System Scan as this scan will also tell you the exact compatible frequency and max capacity ram that is compatible into your laptops ram slots (which is 64GB 2x 16GB) and best. I install CPUz to see your OEM spec ram and update to the same 1x 8GB DDR4-2400MHz type ram which is your cheapest option but not the best, as what Acer recommends for the most is 2x DDR4-2666Mhz at 2x 16GB. 
  • Frost_606
    Thank you very much for your answer it was really helpful
  • MeniserTV
    MeniserTV Member Posts: 1 New User

That is not TRUE! The max ram is not 32GB, that is false. I am running 64GB 3200MHz! TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus DDR4 SODIMM 32GB x2 3200MHz (PC4-25600) 260 Pin CL16 Laptop OC Memory. The link is: https://amzn.to/3ySrZbG

here and I will post my benchmark videos.