hardware manual available for the Acer Veriton Z4880G I7459 ?

Jan123
Jan123 Member Posts: 5 New User

Is a hardware manual available for the Acer Veriton Z4880G I7459 ?

I want install an extra SSD, and I need to now the specs.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    No, service guides are not publicly available for Acer systems. What you can do with drives is dependent on what drives and configuration you have now. The motherboard supports a single M.2 NVMe drive and a single SATA drive in addition to the ODD. If yours has a HDD plus Optane memory you can swap out the Optane for a SSD after disabling the Optane function, the clone the HDD to the SSD, reset the default boot to use the SSD and the wipe the HDD to use as a data drive. If you already have a SSD then the second drive can be a 2.5" HDD or SSD. If you already have a SSD and HDD you can replace the ODD with a drive caddy and 2.5" SSD or HDD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    No, service guides are not publicly available for Acer systems. What you can do with drives is dependent on what drives and configuration you have now. The motherboard supports a single M.2 NVMe drive and a single SATA drive in addition to the ODD. If yours has a HDD plus Optane memory you can swap out the Optane for a SSD after disabling the Optane function, the clone the HDD to the SSD, reset the default boot to use the SSD and the wipe the HDD to use as a data drive. If you already have a SSD then the second drive can be a 2.5" HDD or SSD. If you already have a SSD and HDD you can replace the ODD with a drive caddy and 2.5" SSD or HDD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jan123
    Thanks for the quick answer!
    I am going to leave the M.2 device for what it is for now and add an SSD.
    The little case thing is empty, so that should fit.

Funny that there is no info on the Acer site about this.
    I mean, it doesn' t even say what the SATA interface speed is, or what the size of the SSD can be.
  • billsey
    Yeah, you aren't supposed to need to open it up with an AIO, sort of like a laptop in that respect.
  • Jan123
    billsey said:
    Yeah, you aren't supposed to need to open it up with an AIO, sort of like a laptop in that respect.
    Well, it has the possibility, so I should be able to use it, right? 
    This model is surprisingly expandable it by the way, it even has an PCIe slot.. :-D 
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    @Jan123

Kindly follow the details from the service manual designed for your computer. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    @Jan123

Kindly follow the details from the service manual designed for your computer. 

d3.PNG 81.5K
    d5.PNG 59.7K
    d8.PNG 195.1K
    d7.PNG 346.3K
    d10.PNG 200.8K
    d2.PNG 237.6K
    d12.PNG 486.8K
    d9.PNG 289.4K
    d11.PNG 231.8K
    d6.PNG 340.5K
    d1.PNG 166.8K
    d13.PNG 311.8K

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★