Why I can't see how much the battery has loaded. Acer Iconia Tab 8 W1

Nikomakhos
Nikomakhos Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited June 2022 in Tablets
In my tablet Acer Iconia Tab 8 W1 I can't see the battery status. In the settings the Power option is gray, and I can't set it as "On".

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    When plugged in, is power button steady blue?

Jack E/NJ

• Nikomakhos
    Thank you Jack. Unfortunately I can't see any power light. There's a little hole in the top of the computer. Is that the power light?
  • JackE
    Probably not if in the center of the pad bezel. Sounds more like the camera. If lit orange or blue or blinking, pinpoint LEDs should be quite visible. Perhaps if you take it into a closet or darkened room you'll see it.

Jack E/NJ

• Nikomakhos
    Thanks again. The camera is in front of me, but the hole is in the top with the microphone and load connector. I can't see any light even in the dark room. 
  • JackE
    >>>In my tablet Acer Iconia Tab 8 W1 I can't see the battery status. In the settings the Power option is gray, and I can't set it as "On".>>>I can't see any light even in the dark room. >>>

With the system and screen turned on, what happens when you pull the plug?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You don't say which W1 model you have, so I'm going to guess one of the W1-810 models. There isn't a charge indicator light on the W1-810, so that won't help. Are you using the stock charger that came with the unit or a third party charger? Verify the charger puts out at least 2A of 5V on the microUSB port.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    >>>In my tablet Acer Iconia Tab 8 W1 I can't see the battery status. In the settings the Power option is gray, and I can't set it as "On".>>>I can't see any light even in the dark room. >>>

With the system and screen turned on, what happens when you pull the plug?

Jack E/NJ

• Nikomakhos

Hi again

My tablet is Acer Iconia Tab B W1-810, RMN-A 1412. I load the power with other compute’s USB. The battery status was OK before. Why it’s now disappeared?

• JackE
    >>>I load the power with other compute’s USB.>>>

With the system and screen turned on, what happens when you disconnect the USB cable from other computer?

Jack E/NJ