Switching to Tent Mode in Windows 11 - Travelmate Spin B311R-32

bluepen61
bluepen61 Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
When switching from laptop to tent/tablet mode with my Travelmate Spin B311R-32 running Windows 11 Pro (it's a problem with Win 10 Pro too), the screen doesn't flip from landscape to landscape (flipped).

I have to manually flip the screen then flex the laptop to tent or tablet mode.  In these two modes, the display setting is grayed-out.

Returning the unit back to laptop mode, the settings return to normal so I can manually set it back to landscape display [from landscape (flipped)].

Immediately after upgrading to Win 11 Pro from Win 10 Pro, the display would automatically flip the display between flexing the laptop to tent and back as one would expect.  But at some point that feature/action stopped.

Is there a setting in the registry that controls this or a setting in Windows settings?  I haven't found it if there is.

bluepen61

from my TravelMate Spin B311R-31-C32R laptop

Windows 11 - 23H2

Best Answer

• bluepen61
    bluepen61 Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Jack E/NJ for your help!!!!  That spurred me to do a more extensive search to resolve it.

I discovered that a service was disabled.  Sensor Monitoring Service.  I set it to Automatic and started the service.  Now my screen rotates! YEA!

I run a third party optimizer that disables some of the services and I suspect that was the culprit.  I will have to set that when I run it again.

Before that, I reinstalled a couple of drivers, ran sfc /scannow, and check the registry for two settings (which were present).  The last issue was to check the service.  For me the service was the fix!

Again, thank you for encouraging me to continue to find a solution.

bluepen61

from my TravelMate Spin B311R-31-C32R laptop

Windows 11 - 23H2

Answers