acer aspire 3 A315 turns on with power key + other key at random and immediately turns off by itself

Brenda9
Brenda9 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited June 2022 in Aspire Laptops
hi all, a few weeks ago my PC having aspire shut down by itself and ran the latest cumulative Windows update the next time it was turned on. The PC was found turned on all the following day without problems but the next day it did not turn on anymore I realized that the ignition takes place only if after the special keys assigned to the ignition I press a random key on the keyboard. In any case, after switching on it switches off automatically, sometimes it lasts a couple of minutes, other times it doesn't even compare the word 'windows'. The technician has removed each peripheral individually trying to turn it on and not even the battery seems to be the problem. Somebody can help me? Thanks

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. Click "System Restore" button. Click next. Choose restore point that was created a few weeks ago when problem started.

Jack E/NJ

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ Brenda9 

Please mention your model name of unit

• Brenda9
    Jeyam said:

Hi @ Brenda9 

Please mention your model name of unit

Hi, thanks you. 
    My PC is acer aspire 3 A31541R4B9
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. Click "System Restore" button. Click next. Choose restore point that was created a few weeks ago when problem started.

Jack E/NJ

• Brenda9
    JackE said:
    hi, thanks for the reply. unfortunately the pc when I turn it on lasts less than 1 minute
  • JackE
    Is the battery charge LED steady blue plugged in?

Jack E/NJ

• Brenda9
    JackE said:
    Is the battery charge LED steady blue plugged in?
    the battery led is red, after a couple of hours of charging it turns blue. The last time I tried to turn it on I put it in charge and I unplugged it after the led turned blue but today I put it in charge after a few days and I noticed that the led was red (like if it was discharged again). what I do not explain is why not only the power button is enough to turn it on, but I also have to press another random button immediately afterwards
  • JackE
    >>>I put it in charge after a few days and I noticed that the led was red (like if it was discharged again)>>>

This suggests a bad battery. This can also cause strange keyboard hehavior. How long have you had laptop?

Jack E/NJ

• Brenda9
    JackE said:
    >>>I put it in charge after a few days and I noticed that the led was red (like if it was discharged again)>>>

This suggests a bad battery. This can also cause strange keyboard hehavior. How long have you had laptop?

about 3 years. is a laptop used to study on word but that gave me problems in the past because about 6 months ago the technician had to remove the M2 input SSD and replace the hard disk with a sata 3 SSD because there was a defect in the entrance M2. I don't know if this will affect his current behavior.
  • JackE
    Probably not related to technician changing the m.2 SSD to 2.5" SATA SSD.

Battery may still be problem. Do you want to try to test step by step? It is not simple. It requires removing screws, doors and base cover to test. Do you want to try to do it yourself? Or ask technician to do it for you?

Jack E/NJ