5g Acer Connect M5. Model: QtAD52E The router is not getting to 5g

041 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited June 2022 in Gadgets & Accessories
Hi,
The router is not getting to 5g and always stays at 4g. I tried playing around in the setting but I cannot set it 5g. Is there something I can do to get it to 5g?
Cheers
{Thread was edited more content )

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    It might help if you could reveal your router model and your phone model.

Jack E/NJ

edited June 2022
    Oops I am so dumb!! Yes of course... The Router Type is Acer Connect M5. Model: QtAD52E. Not sure why my phone is needed as I am connecting to the router via a MacBook Pro using USB-C
  • JackE
    Sorry, wasn't sure if referring to a 5G phone or a PC. So you're using it as a wifi hotspot?

Jack E/NJ

Yes, it’s a wifi hotspot. I have used multiple SIM card with the same results. Using the same SIM cards on a 5g phone does show that it is using the 5g network. The Hotspot stays at 4g. The speed I am getting on the hotspot is comparable to 5g… so it’s just a cosmetic thing however, I would like to see it change when it actually goes down to 4g… 
  • JackE
    >>>I tried playing around in the setting but I cannot set it 5g. >>>so it’s just a cosmetic thing however, I would like to see it change when it actually goes down to 4g…  >>>

Is the setting done from inside a browser or MacOS software?  

Jack E/NJ

Initially I used the Mac browser… it displayed 4g. Did a factory reset and used the app and I still get the same result 
  • JackE
    >>>Using the same SIM cards on a 5g phone does show that it is using the 5g network. The Hotspot stays at 4g.>>>

Do you have any 4G-only devices that might be detected by the hotspot at the same time the 5G phone is using the 5G network?

Jack E/NJ

All the devices in the household are 5g
  • JackE
    Do the dropdowns in the AcerCP app l reveal anything interesting? Another household's signals? What about disabling 2.4GHz band?

Jack E/NJ

Hay Jake, I got in touch with customer support of my provider and they said that they will replace my sim.. so it’s all good. Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it!
  • JackE
    The phone sim is confusing the AcerCP app?

Jack E/NJ

I honestly don’t know. 
  • JackE
    Please let us know if it works.

Jack E/NJ