USB-C Charger for Acer Swift Swift 5 SF514-52T series

Bigrod888
Bigrod888 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi everyone. I am wanting to get a Powerbank charger for Swift Series 5 to use USB-C. I have seen here that this will worked provided that the charger specs meet - 45 W and 5/9/15/20V.

I have two questions please, if anyone can help. First, if the Powerbank exceeds 45W, say like 60 W or 100 W, is that still fine? It won't hurt my Swift? Second, when I look at various Powerbanks I often see know data about the "V". So, for example, there is the Anker Powercore+ 26800 PD 45 W. So it's 45 W obviously, but it gives no information about the "V". Can I just assume that the V will be sufficient?

Many thanks in advance for any and all help.

Comments

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @Bigrod888 higher wattage won't hurt because the Power delivery (PD)  on the power bank will automatically adjust the suitable voltage (like max of 20v) to charge the laptop. You can read more about how it works here: https://www.androidauthority.com/usb-power-delivery-806266/
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Using the exact same model which came with the device or its supportive model as suggested by Acer support is advisable.
  • If the voltage is 15 or 20v, it is okay to use a power bank with higher power and higher amperage. This can even make the battery charge faster. Only the voltage cannot be higher.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Spec says DC-in port 20 V; 45 W for the USB-C port, so 15V may not work, but 20V certainly will as long as you have 45W or more.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.