Page Up and Page Down keys not working Aspire 5 A515-55-711M.

Chance_Pomegranate21
Chance_Pomegranate21 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2023 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Aspire 5 model A515-55-711M.  I have only had it a few weeks.  I realize that the page up / page down keys are integrated into the numeric keypad.  I also realize that Num Lock has to be off for the Page Up / Page Down to work.  However they have suddenly stopped working since yesterday, and I can no longer use the Page Up / Page Down keys.  
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Chance_Pomegranate21
    Answer ✓
    JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatically restore point with a date stamp of Dec 16 or 17? Jack E/NJ

I do have to say a big thank you.  I realized that the "system" app I installed after Dec 11th was CCleaner.  I googled and I see other people on the internet have problems with CCleaner making their keyboard stop working.  So I uninstalled CCleaner, rebooted my machine, and now my Page Up / Page Down keys are working again.  Thank you for inspiring me to solve the problem !!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatically restore point with a date stamp of Dec 16 or 17? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chance_Pomegranate21
    JackE said:

Thanks , I tried that.  There are 2 restore points but they are Dec 7th and 11th.  I have installed apps on my computer since that time, as i am still setting up my computer as it is new.  If I restore to Dec 11th will it wipe out the apps that i installed after that?
  • Chance_Pomegranate21
    Answer ✓
    JackE said:

I do have to say a big thank you.  I realized that the "system" app I installed after Dec 11th was CCleaner.  I googled and I see other people on the internet have problems with CCleaner making their keyboard stop working.  So I uninstalled CCleaner, rebooted my machine, and now my Page Up / Page Down keys are working again.  Thank you for inspiring me to solve the problem !!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Congrats on your success. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hiby
    Hiby Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an Aspire 5 model A515-45 that I realize I can't press the "Page Up" button. The "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys are integrated into the numeric keypad the same with "Home" and "End". I can't use it from the start when I bought this. I also tries using "Fn" and "Alt" but it seems doesn't do anything. I was wondering is there a certain work I can do to change the keyboard settings so I could press the "Page Up" with ease.
  • Chance_Pomegranate21
    Hiby said:
    I have an Aspire 5 model A515-45 that I realize I can't press the "Page Up" button. The "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys are integrated into the numeric keypad the same with "Home" and "End". I can't use it from the start when I bought this. I also tries using "Fn" and "Alt" but it seems doesn't do anything. I was wondering is there a certain work I can do to change the keyboard settings so I could press the "Page Up" with ease.
    Hi Hiby, 
    you should have a Num Lock key at the top corner of your keypad, just above number 9.   When Num Lock is on, the keypad only types numbers.  When Num Lock is off, the keys function as page up, page down etc
    number 9 = page up
    number 3 = page down
    number 7 = home
    number 1 = end
    for example,  with Num Lock off, you can do Control + number 7 which is the same as control home
  • ckb
    ckb Member Posts: 1 New User

Not very practical at all, especially that there is no sign at all to signal the position of the Verr Num key. Could it not be possible to use th Fn key to trigger to Page Up or Page Down?

• CezarA
    CezarA Member Posts: 1 New User

With NumLk activated you can use those buttons: Home, PgUp, End, PgDn, Ins, Del and Enter, by pressing Shift+Fn in the same time. Thanks for your comments above, it helped too.