Using the Aspire C24 i7 as a monitor to a laptop

SOUTHONBELLE
SOUTHONBELLE Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I've just purchased the Aspire C24 i7 all in one desktop which was advertised as being able to use as a second screen for a laptop. It has both an HDMI in AND  a separate HDMI out.

This was the reason for purchase, but having tried to connect to the laptop, it doesnt work. Having gone on this forum I can see that apparently this won't work as a separate monitor,  which I think is appalling as it is clearly advertised  as such. 

So  before I complain and go to trading standings for false advertising  please can someone prove me wrong and explain how I can  get this all in one pc to become a second monitor for my work laptop. Thank you

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    You should just connect the second system to the HDMI-In port then toggle the input on the display to the second machine. I could try and give more detailed instructions, but not without knowing which C24 model you have... There have been a lot of different ones.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SOUTHONBELLE

Tinkerer

Thank you for your response.
    Its the C24 1651 i7
  • SOUTHONBELLE

Tinkerer

Update, I figured it out myself. Purchased a new HDMI cable, (an HDMI 8k one) and it worked!! Something very simple!! 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Good to hear, so many times it's the simple solution that does it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.