Connect 2 monitors to laptop? Acer Nitro 5

13»

Answers

• Echoelin
    Echoelin Member Posts: 4 New User
    Leostat said:
    With the USB A one, did you install a driver after plugging it in :) They need one!
    Hi Leostat, thanks for replying :)
    I did and now the laptop seems to see the 3rd monitor, but there's still no audio-video output on it (it says "no signal"). 
    Is there something I'm missing? Should I go for another solution? Is there one? XD

• Echoelin
    Echoelin Member Posts: 4 New User
    Leostat said:
    With the USB A one, did you install a driver after plugging it in :) They need one!
    Hi Leostat. thanks for replying! :)
    I did, and now the laptop seems to see the external monitor via the adapter, but still there's no audio-video output on the monitor itself (it says "no signal").
    Is there something I'm missing? Should I go for another solution? Is there one?

• TheCatError
    TheCatError Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,

I was wondering if the usb 3.0 to hdmi adapter thing would work, it should but just making sure. My Laptop is an Acer AN515-55-58U0. 
    Thanks.
  • CananMichael
    CananMichael Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2021
    This worked for my Nitro 5 w/ Rysen 5 and rtx 3050. Plugged into the USB 3.0 on left side. I'm running 4 screens (including the laptop screen) all extensions. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LX8LQ8Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

• Kanthonk
    Kanthonk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

@Echoelin did you solve the problem? I have same problem I was able to connect my monitor trough usb 3.0 however when I connected HDMI for second monitor the one that connected trough USB 3.0 always down/ off so they can't be both on. Anyone can help me on this🙏
  • chichi715
    chichi715 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2022
    I have a Nitro 5 with i5 9th Gen with 1660ti. If 1 ofmy external monitors is 144hz will it maximize the monitor as well or will just output 60hz?
  • Jaydine
    Jaydine Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2022
    Hi can any one help me .
    I have acer aspire 5 laptop then i want to connect to 2 monitor display at the same but my laptop has only 1 hdmi port . Can someone suggest what i will going to do :(
    The monitor is dell p2412h
  • dianav023
    dianav023 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Robert631 said:
    For anyone wondering, I've found the solution.

The acer nitro 5 has a USB 3.0 port on the left side so i ordered a USB 3.0 docking station with a HDMI input.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X5VH1LJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

all 3 screens (including laptop screen) works now and they all extend and not mirror
    I do not see a HMDI connection for the device?
  • trippy46
    trippy46 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi guys,

I have Acer Nitro AN515-52 with 16gb ram, 1050ti and intel uhd 630 graphics.
    I have 2 monitors, one is 25" AOC works like a charm when its connected with HDMI.
    Yesterday, got a 22" monitor and a usb3.0-to-vga adapter(https://cablexpert.com/item.aspx?id=10017) comes with some xxx usb display adapter(https://www.simopiu.net/download-driver-xxx-usb-display-hdmi-windows/) and works fine independently.

The problem is,
    When i connect my 1st monitor through HDMI, the USB3.0 stops working and vice versa.
    Really stuck in this part, tried my driver updates, but still no working.
    (When i plug both at same time, displays all  2monitor for a second then USB3.0 one stops displaying) 

Please Help!!

Thank You

• LeGoat
    LeGoat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey guys! after banging my head on the desk for a week I finally found out what I wasn't doing correctly. I just didn't download the update for the USB docking station. Below is what I did to get it to finally work for me: Hopefully this helps for you!

Step 1: Purchase USB 3.0 docking station. ( I purchased the following https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X5VH1LJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details ) Thank you for recommending this!! 

Step 2: Plug one monitor into the only HDMI port in the laptop.

Step 3: Plug in USB docking on the left side of the laptop (with the blue, USB 3.0 port) with the second monitor.

Step 4: IMPORTANT (Please install the driver before use, This is NOT plug and play) <<< this is where I banged my head for a week.

Step 5: For this certain model ONLY the latest driver update can be found here: (https://support.frescologic.com/portal/kb/fresco-logic/drivers).I haven't tried any other docking stations but this one worked for me. 

There you go it worked for me! Just make sure you go to "display settings," after and make sure its set up the way you want it to be. I was able to connect two tvs (a vizio 32' and a samsung 36') 

I like to watch a lot of movies and do school work on multiple screens. Also I like to game and works well I just need to hit the (window key + P) and select the monitor I want to play on. No lag or glitches while I game. 

Hopefully this helps somebody! 

• Jameschy
    Jameschy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    I had similar problems.
    I have tried many options. little information on the internet.
    In fact, it is impossible.

But...

I purchased this adapter:
    https://allegro.pl/oferta/usb-3-0-na-hdmi-konwerter-obrazu-hd-win-10-8-7-xp-7157737851
    and its works.

Fresco Logic software.

Enjoy!
  • ConnorBrown1211
    ConnorBrown1211 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2022

Thank you so much for giving me the information. I just got the same USB driver as you today and it wasn't working, so then i got frustrated because I thought I just wasted money. And then I looked onto here and saw this after looking a while for my answer. I was so relieved when it worked. Thanks again. 😁

• raden001
    raden001 Member Posts: 4 New User

your device nitro AN515-52-73Y8 or not ? because i try this not support. can you help me for this ?

• AzraelsBlood
    AzraelsBlood Member Posts: 1 New User
  • Thebestofnathan
    Thebestofnathan Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

So I have the Acer Nitro AN515-57 model. I want 3 monitors for streaming. Now my model only has the hdmi port and a usb-c that does NOT have the lightning bolt. So I bought this adapter from amazon that says it can handle more than 3 displays at once from it. But it turns out it only multiplied it instead of actually extending it. By the way, my monitor that I'm trying to hook up only runs on vga and dvi but DOES WORK. Now I am trying your way with a docking station connected to my computer using usb 3.0 with the display port having a vga cable that runs to my monitor. But no signal came up. I am now wondering if my usb 3.0 can handle display capture or if there is even another way for me to get 3 monitors. Please reach out to me as fast as you can I am desperate, Thanks.

-Nathan