My sister gave me this HUGE acer device and she called it a tablet. Idk what it is, how do i find ou

Wrpastuch
Wrpastuch Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Tablets
My sister gave me this HUGE acer device and she called it a tablet. Idk what it is, how do i find out so i have this info when im looking fir help?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer
    Post a phone photo. Also look for a UPC label on the back or bottom.

Jack E/NJ

• Wrpastuch

Tinkerer

Ok, I found what the tablet IS. My big problem is that every time I start it up, this message comes on about Acer Portal has stopped working. And it's like the touch screen doesnt work and takes me often a good 5+ minutes to get my taps to click OK to  be felt. Sometimes not at all. I tried finding info on this, I clicked to remove the acer portal as recommended here for someone else. I have yet to know if that actually worked but the  problem still exists. ANY and all help would be appreciated.   
  • JackE
    edited June 2022
    Acer Portal was discontinued almost 4 years ago.

Press WIN+R. Enter 'taskmgr'. Please post photo or screenshot of startup tab if available.

Press WIN+R. Enter 'winver'. Please post photo or screenshot of box that pops up.

Then press WIN+R again. Enter 'msinfo32'. Post photo or screenshot of right pane.

Jack E/NJ

• Wrpastuch

Tinkerer

I'm a little confused. Was I supposed to start over and take out all the things I typed before typing the new texts? I took a pic of what came
  • JackE
    This is primarily an external display but one that is smart enough to operate as a standalone computer or tablet (albeit a huge tablet) if an operating system is installed. Sort of like a smart TV or smart phone. Your model seems to have the Android operating system installed. It has limited functionality like a chromebook or cloudbook. Pretty much what icons you see on the desktop is about all you get along with internet access. It has nowhere near the versatility or ease of use of a Windows tablet. Due to it's very small boot and storage drive and 1GB memory, neither of which are upgradeable,  it would be difficult to add more useful Android apps and fairly impractical to try to install a normal Windows operating system.

Jack E/NJ

• Wrpastuch

Tinkerer

All I EVER do on it is play Pandora for music. Just want that message to stop coming up, if I could just click it to go away it would be different, but ots so hard to get it gone, and once it's there cant click on anything but the OK to remove the message and it doesnt want to go away. If I can quickly click on Pandora before that message comes up, I dont need to click the acer portal "ok" button at all. Just want it to STOP!
  • JackE
    OK. Go to this youtube link for how to uninstall annoying apps from a smaller Acer Iconia android tablet.  Should be very similar even though the Android version might be a bit older.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Yes, Windows shortcut keys don't help a lot with an Android tablet. :) Just remove the Acer Portal app (my guess is there are a few more to remove, looks for things like abMusic, abFiles, etc.)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Wrpastuch

Tinkerer

Thanks I will look into that. I was messing around with it yesterday and now the message doent come up at all. It's been YEARS since that message didnt come up. I'm so happy right now, what a pain that was! I'll see what else I can remove, I use nothing but pandora. Once I tried to put on YouTube and it wasnt working, stressed me out so bad. I had no idea why it wouldnt work. So happy I can at least listen to Pandora! Thanks for your help!!