Acer Atab1021E screen rotation fault after update

Tobbie
Tobbie Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Tablets
Hi, i just update my Acer Atab1021E to Android 11 "ATAB1021E_6.0" and now the screen rotation is faulty / upside down. Any solution for this? See pictures for more info. You see the selfie cam and screen is in wrong direction no mather what i do..

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Tobbie

Clearing the system cache and/or calibrating the accelerometer should fix it. You can also proceed to the Android System Webview application, in Settings, move to the three dots in the upper right quadrant, tap on 'Uninstall Updates' and then see if this tweak does indeed work.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Tobbie

Clearing the system cache and/or calibrating the accelerometer should fix it. You can also proceed to the Android System Webview application, in Settings, move to the three dots in the upper right quadrant, tap on 'Uninstall Updates' and then see if this tweak does indeed work.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Tobbie

Tinkerer

Cleared the Android system cache, uninstalled updates for Android system webview. Activated developer menu and searched YouTube, Internet to find the calibration but I cannot find where to do it.

Cab you guide me? :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    That model line of tablet is supported only by the vendor, not by Acer. I'm guessing you bought it from Curry's?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tobbie

Tinkerer

Now i understand. This version Atab1021e is only sold for nordic region (sweden, norway etc) the vendor is elgiganten. I will contact them. So probably they have there own version of Android and your tips should work on a pure acer tablet.

Thank you
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    @Tobbie

Please try to do a factory reset and check. 

1. Go to Settings > Advanced > Reset options >. Erase all data (factory reset) > Delete all data

It should work fine. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Tobbie

Tinkerer

@Tobbie

Please try to do a factory reset and check. 

1. Go to Settings > Advanced > Reset options >. Erase all data (factory reset) > Delete all data

It should work fine. 
    Ive done that also today as this will be the first thing they do when i handle it in at elgiganten support. Did not solve the problem lol. Its 6 month old it got warranty so its there problem now :)
  • Have you tried resetting android by pressing power+volume (-) keys?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tobbie

Tinkerer

Have you tried resetting android by pressing power+volume (-) keys?

No that i haven't tried. Not possible as it's left in to the support service