No touchpad or mouse or showing in device manager Swift 1

newentcc
newentcc Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
brand new Acer Swift 1 - touchpad not working, no mouse icon, F7 thing not working and no touchpad in device manager - when I click on mouse (as have to connect external one) and click any update driver commands - always says up to date, disconnected mouse - still no touchpad or anything - plus impossible to complete tasks and searches without the external one attached - but I am loosing my mind!!!!! Help!

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    @newentcc

Please remove the external mouse and then try fn + f7 or f7 alone on keyboard. 

Try fn + f6 or f6 alone  or  fn + f7 or f7 alone on keyboard to disable and enable the touchpad. 

Please look at the key f6 and f7 key on keyboard. You can see the hand symbol with fingers. That denotes the touchpad function key. On some models it will be on f6 and some models it will be on f7. So we need to use the right key depending upon the laptop model. If fn + f7 is not working then we have to use f7 alone to make it to work. On some old laptop models there will be a separate button right  next to touch pad area which is below the space bar.  It is used to turn on and off the touch pad.  On some old models it will be right next to power button. On all new models, f7 key is used to enable and disable the touch pad.  If you would like to disable and enable the touchpad, please press and hold  fn key on the keyboard and then press f6 or f7 once. If the touchpad is not getting disabled you can either press f6 alone or f7 alone without holding the fn key. It is used to enable or disable the touchpad..    

After disabling and enabling the touchpad check how it is working.. 

If it is still not working 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers - Install the i/o drivers first and then install the touch pad driver 

Please install the i/o drivers first and then install the touch pad drivers..    Please remove the external mouse and check the touch pad. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    newentcc said:
    brand new Acer Swift 1 - touchpad not working, no mouse icon, F7 thing not working and no touchpad in device manager - when I click on mouse (as have to connect external one) and click any update driver commands - always says up to date, disconnected mouse - still no touchpad or anything - plus impossible to complete tasks and searches without the external one attached - but I am loosing my mind!!!!! Help!
    Also and in addition, can you tell us if the touchpad and pointing device ever worked from new and out of the box? If it didn't work, then contact Acer Support as your laptop is under 12 months warranty so, don't open it and/or do anything that will void your warranty! As Acer will rectify your touchpad/pointing device problem as it could be a defective touchpad or its connecting internal cable is either defective or its not connected properly?  
  • What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,453 Trailblazer
    Yes, there have been literally hundreds of different Swift 1 models over the years. We really need to know which you have before we can give much help. In Device Manager is there anything, even something seemingly unrelated, flagged with an error or warning?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.