Acer Nitro 50-120, BIOS R01-A1, BIOS dead, no POST after interrupted BIOS update

EmeraldN
EmeraldN Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2022 in Nitro Gaming
(accidentally ask in wrong category, sorry but can help me either?) 

Hey there, I have this Acer N50-120 desktop which does not boot after an interrupted BIOS update (No POST, No beep, Fan and Lights Running).

I have tried resetting CMOS battery and re-seat the CMOS battery, RAM and GPU. also changed the GPU (it's off from another same unit). nothing happens.

I hope anyone could provide me any help regarding this problem. TQ

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Try unplug all cables, hold power button a minute then plug all cables back in .  Reboot.
    If still nothing then unplug and remove the battery OVERNIGHT
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @EmeraldN

Sorry to hear that you run into such a problem. This can be serious issue.

If you consider yourself a technical people who can replace the BIOS chip, you may want to get a programmed BIOS chip for your PC from place like Amazon,

If you think you can handle the efforts of replacing the motherboard, then getting a new motherboard from Acer is a possible solution. This may be rather expensive, usually in the USD$300+ range.

If it gets more expensive, slvage some parts ( CPU, drives and the PC case) from this old PC and build a new PC is worth considering.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    I'll ask them to move the thread as appropriate.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.