I have Aspire XC-840 brand new windows 11 and its very very slow

Steve_Whyles
Steve_Whyles Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited May 2022 in Windows 11
replaced my old pc as it was nit suitable to upgrade to windows 11, I purchased the Aspire XC-840, thewre is very little on it and I have adjusted stuff that would slow it down like removing Norton. start up items reduced to bare minimum yet even when its up and running it takse about 15 seconds to open a web page or another app and thats on the optimistic side, its so frustrating, is there a known issue with these or a tweak to speed it up it should be a lot faster than it is and considering returning it

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    If you don't have a M.2 SSD, try installing one and migrate the contents from HDD to it and use as the boot drive.
  • Andyman
    Andyman Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi
    Do you know where the M.2 SSD port is, I have the same pc and problem.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Here is the motherboard layout. The M.2 slot for your SSD is #18:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FunkayGibbo
    FunkayGibbo Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey what size mainboard is it inside the case ? It looks small, I was just wondering if I could fit in into a smaller case.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

It's a DTX mainboard with the addition of that 'diving board' out the front to provide the front ports without cabling. DTX uses the same mount points as uATX. Any different case you might try would certainly lose you those front ports...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • patmcluskie
    patmcluskie Member Posts: 1 New User

does anyone know if this worked as i have just bought this heap of rubbish and it is driving me insane

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Hit ctrl-alt-del and select Task Manager then "Performance" (second button on left). Is anything running over 80%. Have seen some cloning software drop "extras".

• vijaymohanraj
    vijaymohanraj Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi @Steve_Whyles

Try

Acer - PC SmartCare (you get 30days free trial to tune-up your PC)

• meegaan1
    meegaan1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I've just added and switched my boot drive to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MMZ-V7S1T0BW). The SSD cost less than £50 too. The difference is terrific. Everything's smoother and faster - no more waiting for login to identify that I've pressed enter or for the taskbar to populate on startup, or everything freezing up because I opened too many tabs. It's really easy to do and there's plenty of guidance on cloning your hard-drive and installing the SSD on YouTube.