Chromebook 713 Spin Enterprise not delivered with a bundled Enterprise license

pjackson
pjackson Member Posts: 3 New User
I purchased a Chromebook Spin 713 Enterprise direct from the Acer Store. The product page states clearly that the system comes bundled with an Enterprise license. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/professional-series/acerchromebookenterprisespin713cp7133w

When I received it, it would not provision to my domain. I contacted Google and after some diagnostics they stated that the Enterprise license had not been bundled. After discussion with Acer support and e-commerce I returned the Chromebook and ordered another. Much to my dismay I found exactly the same issue. There is no bundled license on the device and it will not provision to the domain. Support and e-commerce have no solution for this. Does anyone know of a solution to this as I do not want to return the Chromebook for a second time.

Thanks!

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    I have dropped a message in the escelation channel we have as we are just normal peeps :) will let you know if I hear back from the team!
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,274 Community Administrator
    Thank you Leostat

Hello @pjackson

I am sorry to hear the experience you’re having. I sent you a private message, please reply at your convenience. 

Kind Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

[ The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas. If you need technical assistance please access https://www.acer.com/worldwide]
  • CalvinChu
    CalvinChu Member Posts: 9 New User
    I purchased the laptop, it did not come with the enterprise license.  After speaking to technical support, they said I need to return it.  So i did, and the second one did not come with the enterprise license.  Then they RMA'd that one.  I now have a third one, and it also does not come with an enterprise license.  They seem to believe the best way to resolve this is to keep buying them, and returning them.  This is wasting a lot of time.   Some of the Acer support people seem to think there is no such thing as a chromebook with enterprise licenses, regardless of what is written on the acer web site.  Some of them say that this means I have to buy another enterprise license on my own, regardless of what is promised by Acer.  Another person says I should contact Google for support, and google says this is entirely Acer's issue.  Right now, this is wasting enormous amounts of time and money can somebody contact me?  Google says all somebody at Acer needs to do is to assign that laptop to the enterprise domain.  On my last call with Acer technical support, I explained what Google says should happen, and when I tried to give the person the enterprise domain, they said it's not necessary!  If you guys don't take that information, what happens?  Please help, thanks. 
  • pjackson
    Hi. It sounds as if you have the same problem as I did. Base support are not aware of this issue and are not equipped to deal with it. Ask for level 2 support and do not take no for an answer. Level 2 is aware of this issue and should be able to find a resolution. In short, Acer 713 spin Enterprises are not shipped with the license even though they advertised this. The website has changed and they are currently working on finding a solution for those who bought the machine based up the fact that it would have a bundled Enterprise license. 
  • CalvinChu
    I'm still stuck with level 1, who insists they know what to do. They do not.  They say they'll arrange a call back from Level 2, but they never call back.  So all morning I'm staying with level 1 and telling them to keep trying to reach a level 2 person.  I'll take your advice and just keep having them push to level 2.  I'm tired of buying machines and returning them even though there's nothing physically wrong with these machines.  
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,274 Community Administrator
    CalvinChu

I am sorry to hear the experience you’re having. I sent you a private message. I would be happy to escalate your case to the support, please reply at your convenience. 

Kind Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

[ The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas. If you need technical assistance please access https://www.acer.com/worldwide]
  • dcabbott
    dcabbott Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same problem -- my Spin 713 didn't come with the enterprise license it was supposed to.  I am requesting a L2 callback.  @Acer-Ingrid any chance you could escalate mine too?
  • CalvinChu
    I spoke to Level 2 support and they have NO IDEA.  Literally, they have no idea what to do.  They also promised to call me back within an hour.  They did not.  They asked really insane questions about SCHOOL licenses, and trying to make me go to school features on google admin that simply don't exist for enterprise.  I spoke to Google support twice now and they say this is absolutely a thing that Acer needs to fix.  Google says they're recommending to everyone to not buy Acer laptops, since they're swindling people into buying these laptops and then not offering the feature they paid for and then they're trying to get them to buy the feature again.  This doesn't seem legal to do really. False advertising.  
  • CalvinChu
    A level 2 person called me this morning and said they don't work for acer, and they have no access to the tool necessary to enable the license.  They're emailing around to find out which engineer would be able to fix this.  This is frustrating, because it seems like the technical support people are pointing the finger at Acer sales, and Acer sales is pointing the finger at technical support.  
  • pjackson
    Yes I haven't received a solution yet. Acer need to generate a license token and send it to us. It's quite simple. 
  • CalvinChu
    A level 2 person claimed that one solution that is proposed is to tell marketing to remove the statement that the Spin 13 Enterprise comes with an Enterprise license.  The fascinating thing is Acer has told Google that the Spin 13 Enterprise (713) comes sold with an enterprise license, documented here: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9773699  -- but the level 2 person is claiming that this was a mistake, and untrue, and the solution is to tell people that it doesn't come with one!  

So far, it seems that Sales is told that the 713 comes with an enterprise license, but has no ability to deliver it with one.  Marketing is told that the 713 is an enterprise laptop, but they're not responsible for including it!  level 1 technical support simply has no clue.  Level 2 alternatively believes it shouldn't have been promised because it doesn't come with it!  

Another level 2 person, who claims to not actually work for Acer, believes that Acer should purchase an enterprise license and provide it.  

Overall, it seems like not one person at Acer has access to the console necessary to set this part up.  
  • CalvinChu
    So far, several days later nobody has yet to call me to correct this issue.  
  • CalvinChu
    A level 2 technical support person called and said they had to take it all the way to Taiwan who claims the Acer Chromebook Enterprise Spin 713 (CP713-3W) does not come with an enterprise license included.  

They plan to delete this from the product description.  For reference, for everyone else who got ripped off by this bait and switch, I'm going to include this link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/professional-series/acerchromebookenterprisespin713cp7133w  -- where Acer says THIS model number comes with an enterprise license.  In it, Acer promises:

To be clear, the Level 2 person I spoke to says the ONLY REASON they're going to add an enterprise license to this device, is for "customer satisfaction purposes" since Acer never promised to include such a license, and their own web site is lying, and the name of the product ("e.g., Acer Chromebook Enterprise") is itself wrong, and they admit NONE OF THE SERIALS for this laptop has had the enterprise license bundled in.  That means they ARE promising one thing, charging the FULL PRICE FOR THE ENTERPRISE LICENSE and then shipping another thing and misleading buyers and when they deign to correct their mistake, they act as if the buyer is under a misperception and that they're only doing it this one time to make the buyer happy. 

And to be clear, Acer themselves have reported to Google (as seen here https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9773699) that this specific model of laptop comes with a BUNDLED UPGRADE.  So this uncategorically proves they documented it publicly on their own web site, and with their partner, and under the name of the product itself, and they continue to ship out the product at the same price as if it came with it.  

Sounds like class action lawsuit material.