Predator Orion 7000 po7-640 SSD caddy opening

Rob_Lansdown
Rob_Lansdown Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
Does anyone know how to open the SSD caddy on an Orion 7000 po7-640??  No instructions anywhere!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The picture of the caddy opened up distinctly shows the four screw holes. If the caddy is designed only for a 2.5" drive then no adapter is needed, just four screws.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• See the assembly and disassembly procedure:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rob_Lansdown
    Sorry to say that there are no instructions for the SSD caddy, just the internal HDD caddys - I have these instructions already thanks.

• Rob_Lansdown
    Thanks for trying though, I appreciate it.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    They do show a button right next to the caddy with an eject symbol on it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rob_Lansdown
    Thank you, but I know how to eject the caddy, but there are no instructions on how to insert an SSD within the caddy so that you can use it!!

Has anybody done this?  As far as I can see all the reviewers said it was amazing and would "transform your workflow" but I am getting the theory that nobody actually used it!

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @Rob_Lansdown does it has 2 screws on both sides? Maybe you can try to unscrew it.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Rob_Lansdown
    @AnhEZ28  Tried that thanks, nothing budges when you undo them - it looks like the other end is supposed to come off, but there seems no way to remove it - there are spring clips on either side at the rear, but they to not release anything either - Thanks for your help though
  • Can you upload some photos from other angles, from that device?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RenanVilela
    RenanVilela ACE Posts: 13,287 Trailblazer
    Hi, apparently there is some connector inside that opening, I think there should be on the other side as well, and by pressing both, that piece should come out to access the internal contents.

Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i7 9750H
    Sodimm DDR4 2666MHz 16 GB Sk Hynx
    Sodimm DDR4 2666MHz 16GB Crucial
    SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Nvme 512GB XPG GAMMIX S11 Lite
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    -->>  Dicas para amenizar a temperatura durante Jogos — Acer Community  <<--
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Se a minha resposta te ajudou, curta o comentário e fortaleça com o Sim se possível!!

• Hi, apparently there is some connector inside that opening, I think there should be on the other side as well, and by pressing both, that piece should come out to access the internal contents.

On which site did you find this photo renan?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RenanVilela
    Hi, apparently there is some connector inside that opening, I think there should be on the other side as well, and by pressing both, that piece should come out to access the internal contents.

On which site did you find this photo renan?

PREDATOR ORION 7000 | Upgradeable Liquid Cooled Gaming PC | Predator Gaming | Acer Laos
    SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD

Se a minha resposta te ajudou, curta o comentário e fortaleça com o Sim se possível!!

• Rob_Lansdown

RenanVilela - I have tried those before, but there is no movement on them whatsoever.  There is also a locking mechanism in the caddy bay that locks into these notches, so I do not think that is it I am afraid, but thanks for the thought (unless I am being a bit limp wristed with them of course!).  Rob

• RenanVilela

RenanVilela - I have tried those before, but there is no movement on them whatsoever.  There is also a locking mechanism in the caddy bay that locks into these notches, so I do not think that is it I am afraid, but thanks for the thought (unless I am being a bit limp wristed with them of course!).  Rob

On second thought it seems to me that it is to attach the adapter.

Is there any extra storage that is listed in the Dsic Manager?
    This adapter apparently already comes with an ssd inside.
    SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD

• Can you upload some photos from other angles, from that device?

Can you upload some photos from other angles, from that device?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rob_Lansdown
    Additional images as requested

• RenanVilela
    I think that this part on the inside, this piece where the USB-C connector is, fits in with the one on the outside.
    And it looks like there are two screws on the side edges.

SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD

• Rob_Lansdown
    I think that this part on the inside, this piece where the USB-C connector is, fits in with the one on the outside.
    And it looks like there are two screws on the side edges.

As you can see from the scratch marks, I have tried removing the screws and prising off the cover, but it does not come out - I am worried that I will do more damage if I continue down that path - Nobody seems to have ever used this!
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    edited May 2022
    @Rob_Lansdown try to use a pen or a sim ejector to push inside, up, or downward with this side facing the table or the floor. (Do not follow!)
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Rob_Lansdown
    @AnhEZ28
    Oh that was not a good idea, I just snapped off the read/write LED!!

• RenanVilela
    Is there any extra storage that is listed in the Disc Manager?
    This adapter apparently already comes with an ssd inside.
    SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD