External microphone does not work Swift 3 SF316-51

yoga8sam
yoga8sam Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

I just bought an Acer Swift 3 SF316-51-72YJ with operating system windows 11.

When I connect an external microphone to the audio port, it does'nt work. In the applications Zoom and Audacity it comes up in the select box as "Mikrophone Realtek Audio". That is definitly wrong.

The same microphone works fine and on my old HP-computer running windows 11. There it is correctly mapped to "External Mikrophone Realtek Audio".

Please help me to fix the problem

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @yoga8sam when you plug the external microphone into the 3.5mm port, you should see a notification from Realtek Audio Console that tell you to choose a device. Choose the Mic In one. The microphone name is still the same as the internal but recording sounds will use from the external.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • AnakoAlbert
    AnakoAlbert Member Posts: 4 New User
    @yoga8sam,

When you cannot find the external microphone on playback devices: you can do the following things:

1. you can go to device manager > Audio Inputs and Outputs to see if your Microphone list here. If not, your Microphone is not detected by Acer Swift 3 SF316-51-72YJ. Besides, if your Microphone connect to Acer Swift 3 SF316-51-72YJ with USB port, you can check the Universal Serial bus Controllers.

2. Check Device Manager > Other Devices to see if there is your microphone with yellow exclamation or an unknown device. It means Acer can detect your external microphone, but the driver has a problem, you should fix the driver issue.

3. As @Anh@AnhEZ28 said, when you plug the microphone to Acer Swift, there is a notification pops up. If not, you should check the Realtek Audio Manager settings.

Here is a tutorial you can follow it, it applies to Windows 11: 
    https://tencomputer.com/fix-microphone-not-working-on-windows-10/
  • yoga8sam
    yoga8sam Member Posts: 2 New User
    The external microphone correctly shows up in device manager as "Microphone Realtec". I followed all steps explained in your linked forum post. I unchecked exklusiv use, tried all 16 bit formats etc. But the external microphone will not work in Audacity. When I enhanced the microphone amplifier to maximum I could record some horrible noise, yeah.
    Yesterday and today I spent again hours in testing. I thought I purchased a plug and play computer of high quality:(
    Please help me!!! Otherwise I will return this laptop

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Double check that it is plugged fully into the hole. You often have to push just a little bit more to get it fully seated, and if it's not all the way in you get those symptoms.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.