what are best motherboards for gaming PC?

tommydane
tommydane Member Posts: 1 New User
White Motherbaord plays an important role in your gaming as there are a handful of features that gamers can’t live without. These features include high-speed PCIe and RAM slots, fast networking, and customization options. Without these features on a motherboard, a PC won’t perform optimally, no matter how powerful the rest of the hardware is.

Answers

• Davidmuller
    Davidmuller Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited May 2022
    For a gaming PC, it's better to go with a micro-ATX or standard ATX motherboard. Also, make sure there are enough ram slots on the motherboard. If you are building a high-end gaming machine, then you'll need a motherboard that can accommodate bigger equipment easily. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    tommydane said:
    White Motherbaord plays an important role in your gaming as there are a handful of features that gamers can’t live without. These features include high-speed PCIe and RAM slots, fast networking, and customization options. Without these features on a motherboard, a PC won’t perform optimally, no matter how powerful the rest of the hardware is.

tommydane this is just my opinion as in gaming things have changed since the 12th Gen Intel LGA 1700 socket CPU's have been release, so its your choice and if you want the latest Intel 12th Gen boards then the top of the bunch are these two mobos so far, the Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro or Xtreme, then for the best mid-range its the Asus TUF Gaming H670-PRO WIFI D4.

If you want the AMD AM4 socket CPU's mobos (which I’m using and its a great gaming platform) then the best mobo is the Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) with the best high end the MSI MEG X570 Godlike or if you want the best AMD AM4 mobo then the best mid-range then the ASRock X570 PG Velocita as you can’t go wrong with these latest gaming mobos but mobos are not the only variables that makeup a gaming system as you need suitable GPU’s and RAM for these gaming systems to interact and work properly together. So follow the manufacturer’s suggested suitable RAM (for the capacity that you want, btw 16GB for gaming is the min suggested) then their suggested PSU’s as all these manufacturers recommend these peripherals for their mobos, wghci and the final criteria’s depend on your budget?

Btw, I’ve just recently (about 4 months ago) built for myself an AMD AM4 upper/top gaming rig (cost me USD $3950.00 about AUD $5600, so for anything similar or superior prepare to pay this amount or pay more as an own build) which consists of, the ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX Gaming Motherboard. AMD Ryzen 9 5950X CPUNZXT Kraken Z73 RGB 360mm AIO water cooling, ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3080 Ti GAMING OC 12GB DDDR6X GPU and dual channel mode 64GB total G. SKILL F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC CL16 1.35V (4x 16GB DDR4-3600Mhz Timing at 16-19-19-39) type RAM which ASUS recommends for this mobo and lists, all this is powered by the Corsair HXi 1000W PSU and I went way way overboard with the Antec black/red Torque case (just and only for an aesthetic purpose :D ) but still the Antec Torue is a great open frame concept gaming case and works very well as I'm in a tropical climate and these sorts of cases work very well. All this gaming system has enormous overclocking settings for CPU/RAM/GPU potentials and its lightning fast and more than anything that I will ever use it for but, this is just one of the upper/top gaming rigs example for you, 

Also and as you have to add an appropriate high end 34" 240Hz monitor like the Acer Predator Gaming X34 or the ALIENWARE 34 Curved Gaming AW3418DW then you have to add a top end gaming keyboard and mouse like the Corsair Gaming K55 combo so all these last additions could send you back another USD $775+ and then add for your desired and approximate OS of either Win-11 Pro USD $149.00 or Home at USD $129.00 from Amazon as it all adds up. So there you have a complete and a top gaming setup that is not cheap (but it depends on your budget?) that is within the vicinity of USD $4775+ OS and this is an appropriate upper to top gaming setup. Cheers and hope this helps you out somehow? :D  

• garry522
    garry522 Member Posts: 1 New User

According to bit difference, There are a lot of great motherboards out there for building a gaming PC, and the best one for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Here are some recommendations for popular and highly-rated gaming motherboards:

1. ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero
    2. MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi
    3. Gigabyte AORUS X570 Master
    4. ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax
    5. ASUS TUF Gaming B450M-PRO S