I can't reinstall my PredatorSense PT315-51-58XZ [Windows 11]

Ajeeq
Ajeeq Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited May 2022 in Windows 11
So recently, I just updated my Predator PT315-51 [Predator Triton 300] from Windows 10 to Windows 11. At first, everything went fine and working perfectly until my PredatorSense suddenly can't be opened [the animation logo keep on looping] after I finished playing my game (PredatorSense working perfectly before I started playing game).

So, I tried to reinstall the PredatorSense by uninstalling PredatorSense and PredatorSense Services, but when I downloaded the correct file for my laptop model from Acer website and tried to run the setup, it says "Sorry! This computer is not supported". Since I uninstalled that PredatorSense while my fan was running on maximum speed, I don't know how to control my fan now which really annoyed me since the fan is too loud.

I assume that the reason I can't run the setup is because I ran the setup on Windows 11 Operating System when it meant for Windows 10 (Which the only OS available as an option to download PredatorSense from Acer). Can someone please guide me on how I can install back my PredatorSense without revert my OS to Windows 10?

Thanks in advance for your help.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Ajeeq

Tinkerer

Hi @AnhEZ28 ! That's the same exact thing I downloaded and it didn't seem to be working. The same "Sorry! This computer is not supported" message displayed.
  • AnhEZ28
    @Ajeeq do you still have the Acer Care Center? What is the model number that it shows? You can post the screenshot here but cover the SNID and SN sections.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Ajeeq

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28 it seems that Acer Care Center is missing from my PC. Either I accidentally deleted it from the past or it gone missing after I updated to Windows 11.
  • AnhEZ28

@Ajeeq check this BIOS part to see the SystemProductName
  • Ajeeq

Tinkerer

edited May 2022

Yes, it is PT315-51-58XZ @AnhEZ28
  • AnhEZ28
    @Ajeeq okay, the find the Predator Sense installation folder, plugs, and the PT315-51 folder. Rename it to PT315-51-58XZ
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Acer hasn't released W11 versions of Predator Sense or Acer Care Center for the PT315-51 models yet. They will get around to it eventually, but they are likely still vetting drivers first.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ajeeq

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28 alright, I already did that and what's next ? Tried to run the setup and it still didn't work
  • Ajeeq

Tinkerer

@billsey I see, so it means for now I can't control my overclock and fan speed until Acer release the new version ?
  • Ajeeq

Tinkerer

edited May 2022
    Update : Regarding my Acer Care Center was missing from my PC, I tried to download it from Acer website and I was able to install it successfully (My bad that I don't even try to download it before). Then, I read this one article from Acer community that the reason why I can't install PredatorSense is due to the lack of word 'Predator' from my Predator laptop model as shown in the image below

The picture below shows that my Predator laptop model lack the word 'Predator' in the model's name

As for now, I'm planning to go to the Acer local service center to have this issue fixed as it is the only solution I have. I will update soon if their local service center are able to fix this issue.

(Thread was edited to hide sensitive information)

• AnhEZ28
    edited May 2022
    @Ajeeq do you still receive not supported message? Try to remove the word Predator. It might work.
  • Ajeeq

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28 yes I still received that same message, I guess local service center is my last shot. Thank you for the help and guidance though :smiley:
  • AnhEZ28
    @Ajeeq yes, no problem! Hopes that they will fix that issue for you. 
  • billsey
    Some models don't support Predator Sense and don't include it with the standard build that ships on the system.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ajeeq

Tinkerer

Hello guys, just wanted to update things real quick here.

It took me quite a while for me to actually getting myself up and go to the Acer Care Center and have my issue fixed. Just a week ago, I sent my laptop to the Acer Care Centre and had them fixed it. Turned out what I thought was true after all. The reason why I can't install predatorsense is because the word PREDATOR is not included in my Acer Care Center software. After they fixed it, I do check my Acer Care Center software and turned out the PREDATOR word was finally included in there as shown in the image below.

I hope for those who are getting the same issue as me can check whether your Acer Care Center software provide the word PREDATOR in the system if you are using Acer Predator. One more thing, they had to reformat my laptop and changed it back to Windows 10. I'm guessing that Windows 11 update was also a part of this issue since I only faced this problem after I updated to Windows 11.

• billsey

Next time you can bypass the trip to the service center. That information is stored in a registry entry, look under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation