TravelMate P614-52 "inaccessible_boot_device" when Win11 Pro starting up

GergelyPapp
GergelyPapp Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2022 in Windows 11
Hello,

I receive the below error-message, when Windows 11 Pro starts up:
"inaccessible_boot_device"

Re-installing Windows would be a preferable option. (I have a security backup of all crucial files.)
However Windows 11 Pro install does not find any device to install on. :disappointed:

Could anyone help please?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your TravelMate P614-52 uses Intel's Rapid Storage Technology to access the drive and the base Windows doesn't have those drivers installed. To reinstall Windows you will need to have the drivers extracted and ready to be installed so that when you get to the page that shows the drive and asks where to install, you can use the load a driver option to get the RST drivers loaded. It should see your drive then, unless the drive has actually failed. If you boot on a W11 install image and load the driver at that point and the drive is still invisible then you can assume it has died and it's best to either return to the vendor for a swap (if little enough time has passed since purchase) or open a ticket with Acer support and have them fix it if the return time has expired.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Try the methods in this link but don't download any repair tools advertised in the page:
    How to fix the Inaccessible_Boot_Device error in Windows 11 (windowsreport.com)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your TravelMate P614-52 uses Intel's Rapid Storage Technology to access the drive and the base Windows doesn't have those drivers installed. To reinstall Windows you will need to have the drivers extracted and ready to be installed so that when you get to the page that shows the drive and asks where to install, you can use the load a driver option to get the RST drivers loaded. It should see your drive then, unless the drive has actually failed. If you boot on a W11 install image and load the driver at that point and the drive is still invisible then you can assume it has died and it's best to either return to the vendor for a swap (if little enough time has passed since purchase) or open a ticket with Acer support and have them fix it if the return time has expired.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @GergelyPapp maybe you can try to go to safe mode first to see if the Windows work? https://geekflare.com/boot-windows-safe-mode/
    Keep Pressing Alt+F10 after you have just press the power button to go into recovery environment.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!