Acer Swift SF114-34 problem with sound / microphone drivers.

vanci
vanci Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited May 2022 in Windows 11
Hello. I bought the laptop in question a few days ago, but I'm having trouble reinstalling Windows. Windows 11 Pro - as an OS installed on the laptop. Today I decided to have a messenger conversation, the microphone does not work, I decided that it is one of the privacy settings, but it turned out that it does not work at all. In fact, Windows has updated my sound card drivers since the launch of the laptop, and they are newer than those on the Acer website. I uninstall all the drivers, from the control panel - programs and components - Realtek Audio Driver, then from the device manager everything related to sound and microphone. I reboot, install all the drivers from the Acer website, reboot - no sound, yes the audio device icon is active, the microphone works, but I have no sound from either the laptop speakers or the 3.5 audio jack. However, the Windows update still installs the newer Realtek drivers for me - and I, without my request, restart the machine, I have sound from everywhere, the microphone still does not work. I repeat the procedure with uninstalling all audio drivers, I stop the Internet on the machine, I still have no sound, but the microphone works, I turn on the machine, just hook up to the net and come on Windows update uploads new drivers, the microphone still does not work, but I have sound .. I entered a vicious circle in which I do not find a solution, and to reinstall the OS, I'm not sure I will not enter it again ... So in general with the drivers from the Acer site - I have a microphone - built into the camera, but I have no sound, with the version that stubbornly uploads the Windows update I have sound, but the microphone does not work.

Answers

• vanci

Tinkerer

In fact, I solved the problem -Intelligo Audio Effects - I left Windows to upload the new drivers, uninstalled the component in question, reinstalled it under the drivers uploaded by Windows, everything is fine. I ask the moderator to close the topic as "Solved problem"
  • ChiariQueen
    ChiariQueen Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having this same issue with an Aspire 5 laptop that I bought exactly one week ago.

Is there a detailed way of how to properly get rid of this component? I've tried disabling and uninstalling it and all of its related programs, but it keeps coming back, even without restarting the laptop!

• vanci

Tinkerer

Update all drivers - if an update window gives you new versions of sound drivers or whatever. Download the latest version of the component in question from the Acer site - for your model. After updating everything, stop the machine from accessing the internet. Uninstall the component. Reboot. Install the drivers you downloaded. Reboot. Connect to the Internet. Good luck.