C22-820 maximum RAM What is the max for ddr for this pc?

stgoge
stgoge Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in All-In-One PCs
Hello. What is the max for ddr for this pc? I tried to install 8gb DDR4, but it didn’t work. BIOS detects 8gb, all ok, but system never try to load. Just stand after bios messages on turn on. What is the issue?
[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answer

• stgoge

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I also tried some crucial SODIMM 3200Mhz and pc just not started at all xD
    And finally I purchased Kingston KVR26S19S8/8 with 2666MHz and... all is fine! It works! Dunno what was that. BIOS still detects it as 2400MHz dimm, but all works) Thanks all for help) Resolved

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Should be 16GB DDR4 2133MHz or faster. Was the RAM socket empty when you opened it?

Jack E/NJ

• stgoge

Tinkerer

Processor support up to 8Gb. In stock this PC have 4Gb 2400Mhz. I installed 8Gb 2400Mhz and its didnt work

• JackE
    Please post phone photos of (or part numbers on) the labels on the 4GB module that works and the 8GB module that doesn't work.

Jack E/NJ

• stgoge

Tinkerer

Bios detects both modules, both as 2400Mhz
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    stgoge said:
    Hello. What is the max for ddr for this pc? I tried to install 8gb DDR4, but it didn’t work. BIOS detects 8gb, all ok, but system never try to load. Just stand after bios messages on turn on. What is the issue?

The Aspire C22-820 C-Series max memory is 64GB (2x 32GB DDR4-2666MHz). This stated maximum RAM capacity is higher than the information provided by Acer. The technical background for higher maximum usable capacities with CompuRAM upgrades is explained in their “blog post ‘Maximise the maximum? as it is with the Crucial System Scan so look at these sites as that will give you the best information to whatever you want to upgrade your PC memory to?

• JackE
    OK. With the 4GB sodimm installed, what do you see for BIOS INFORMATION memory and speed? With the 8GB sodimm installed, what do you see for the BIOS INFORMATION memory and speed?

Jack E/NJ

• stgoge

Tinkerer

with 4Gb installed I see 4096 Mb 2400Mhz, with 8Gb - 8192 Mb 2400Mhz 
  • JackE
    Is the AMD 8GB sodimm new or used?

Jack E/NJ

• stgoge

Tinkerer

Its new. And this is second one module that doesnt work. Before this one I purchased another one brand new module with identical specification, and all was the same: BIOS detects its with 2400MHz and didnst start any load.
  • JackE
    Try disabling secure boot in the BIOS tab.

Jack E/NJ

• stgoge

Tinkerer

Thank you.
    Tried now. Its have no effect. System still freeze after first BIOS messages. Keyboard reacts for num-lock, for example, but cant reboot this with ctrl-alt-del
  • JackE
    Did you flash the BIOS firmware? It does not look like the ACER OEM version?

Jack E/NJ

• When you just install the new 8gb ram module, does windows boot?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    @egydiocoelho Windows won't boot with the 2400MHz AMD 8GB sodimm. But will boot with the 3200MHz Kingston 4GB sodimm. Both the 8GB & 4GB sodimms are recognized in the BIOS at 2400MHz. The BIOS firmware version however is not listed on the ACER downloads.

Jack E/NJ

• stgoge

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Did you flash the BIOS firmware? It does not look like the ACER OEM version?
    I did nothing with BIOS, just replaced SODIMM
  • stgoge

Tinkerer

When you just install the new 8gb ram module, does windows boot?

It’s not. Just freeze as on screen above
  • JackE
    >>>I did nothing with BIOS, just replaced SODIMM >>>

Can you please post a phone photo of the BIOS MAIN tab similar to the one shown below?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE said:
    @egydiocoelho Windows won't boot with the 2400MHz AMD 8GB sodimm. But will boot with the 3200MHz Kingston 4GB sodimm. Both the 8GB & 4GB sodimms are recognized in the BIOS at 2400MHz. The BIOS firmware version however is not listed on the ACER downloads.
    Maybe it's an update performed by windows?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Yes @egydiocoelho . Good point!

Jack E/NJ

• stgoge

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I also tried some crucial SODIMM 3200Mhz and pc just not started at all xD
    And finally I purchased Kingston KVR26S19S8/8 with 2666MHz and... all is fine! It works! Dunno what was that. BIOS still detects it as 2400MHz dimm, but all works) Thanks all for help) Resolved