Windows Security Error. You need another app to open windowsdefender link problem in windows 11

Sujoy1996
Sujoy1996 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2022 in Windows 11
I want to disable my windows defender for some time to install a software but it keep saying "You will need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" I am unable to open the windows security please help.... I also tried the powershell process but it keep saying access is denied...!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    edited March 2022
    @Sujoy1996

Step 1: Type powershell to the search box of Windows 10/11, right-click Windows PowerShell, and choose Run as administrator.

Step 2: In the PowerShell window, type the command: Add-AppxPackage -Register –DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml" and press Enter.

If you cannot open the antivirus app in Windows 11 with the error “You’ll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link” in Windows 11, you can try another command - Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage and press Enter.

After finishing the process, you can open Windows Defender like before

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Sujoy1996

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698 I tried this process but its not working.GAMING6698 said:
    @Sujoy1996

Step 1: Type powershell to the search box of Windows 10/11, right-click Windows PowerShell, and choose Run as administrator.

Step 2: In the PowerShell window, type the command: Add-AppxPackage -Register –DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml" and press Enter.

If you cannot open the antivirus app in Windows 11 with the error “You’ll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link” in Windows 11, you can try another command - Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage and press Enter.

After finishing the process, you can open Windows Defender like before

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Sujoy1996
    Try 2nd command 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Sujoy1996

Tinkerer

@Sujoy1996
    Try 2nd command 
    Thank you so much it worked...!!!
  • mavicGaming011220
    mavicGaming011220 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @Sujoy1996

Hello can you help me it same PROBLEM and i try to copy phaste the first and 2nd command but it dosen`t work do you have any idea how to fix it? thank you