Onboard graphics controller greyed out aspire tc 886

Crumpet
Crumpet Member Posts: 1 New User

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

So I’m trying to add a screen to my aspire tc 886 and need to use the motherboard display ports as the graphics card only has one display port. From what I have gathered I need to access this setting to get it to work but for some reason I can’t find its greyed out. I would gladly appreciate any help. Thanks

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    This is my bios on TC-895 that has never been messed with. No card added. You might do a F9 to default then F10 to save. 
  • Have you tried unplugging the discrete graphics card?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    You can either use ports on the GPU card or ports on the MB, not both at once. That BIOS entry toggle automatically when you remove or replace the card.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BeerNecessities
    BeerNecessities Member Posts: 4 New User

Acer Aspire TC-1760 has this also greyed out. Does anyone know if it supports both at once?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

I answered your question in the other thread. It does not support using both.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.