I have a Acer Monitor that is unable to go full screen at certain games nitro xv240yp

Rexymax27
Rexymax27 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2022 in Monitors
So basically I have an acer monitor the model is the acer nitro xv240yp and it is capable of running at 165Hz but because I have an hdmi output for my laptop it can only run at 120Hz which is fine but the issue is that when I go full screen at certain games the monitor immediately defaults to 30Hz and when I play at windowed borderless I can play at 120Hz I have been trying to fix this issue for awhile now and hoping someone here can help me fix this issue thanks in advance

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>> I have an hdmi output for my laptop it can only run at 120Hz which is fine but the issue is that when I go full screen at certain games the monitor immediately defaults to 30Hz >>>

This is likely due to the PC's full-screen HDMI output signal has dropped to 30Hz. What is your PC's full model number?

Jack E/NJ

• Rexymax27
    Rexymax27 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi thanks for the reply my laptop is a MSI GF63 Thin 9RCX
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    There have been reports of limited  HDMI refresh rates for related models on the MSI forums. For example https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/gf63-thin-9sc-hdmi-output-stuck-30hz-1440p-external-monitor-plugged-to-the-igpu-or-dgpu.362074/

You might want to consider registering and posting/reviving the issue on the MSI forums if you haven't done so already. In general, external monitors simply try to follow display rendering instructions that they receive from MSI's video output port. If the output port instructions are full screen at 30Hz, then that's what you should see.

Jack E/NJ