Acer Swift 1 (SF114-32) Dim Screen / Black Out

Iamnotporky
Iamnotporky Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi guys, it was just a usual day when i wanted to turn on my laptop but it seemed like i couldn't. Then i tried the battery reset, removing battery and using another charger but didn't work. So i left it aside for a week and today i tried my luck, it turned on! Signed in, got into my home screen and i notice it was like very dim. Thought maybe i let it charge for awhile since the charging orange light was blinking slowly. After several minutes, the screen went black again even thou the power orange light and charging blinking light still on. Finally i poke the battery reset button and charging blink went off. Could it be the RAM is faulty? And if if it is replaceable? Or what can i do?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    No, the slow blinking amber light usually indicates the system is going into a sleep state or is in sleep already. It sometimes does that if it feels the battery is too low. Try doing the full battery reset procedure. Shut down and disconnect power. Flip it over and press the reset button under that pinhole for 30 seconds. Release then wait a while (say 15 minutes) and plug only the charge back in. Wait for a full battery indicator light then try turning it back on and see if it's doing better.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Iamnotporky
    Iamnotporky Member Posts: 3 New User
    billsey said:
    No, the slow blinking amber light usually indicates the system is going into a sleep state or is in sleep already. It sometimes does that if it feels the battery is too low. Try doing the full battery reset procedure. Shut down and disconnect power. Flip it over and press the reset button under that pinhole for 30 seconds. Release then wait a while (say 15 minutes) and plug only the charge back in. Wait for a full battery indicator light then try turning it back on and see if it's doing better.

Sadly, it didn't work.

Maybe i leave it for a few days like before it might just turn on. But probably just like the previous, very dim screen & minutes after it goes black out again...