Wi-Fi drivers not working correctly after Windows 11 upgrade - swift sf314-58

user588888
user588888 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2022 in Windows 11
Hi,
After I upgraded to Windows 11, my wi-fi adapter does not work at all. Seems its some kind of driver issue. There is yellow triangle in device manager (error code 43). Tried reset network settings, multiple reboots, reinstalling drivers from website. Strangely, there is no section for drivers for this version of Windows yet, but model is enlisted on Acer's website as W11 compatible.

I really need to get this working. Any ideas on what else should I try?

network adapter: Intel(R) Wi-fi 6 AX201 160MHz
laptop model: acer swift sf314-58

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• dave70
    dave70 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    After I upgraded to Windows 11, my wi-fi adapter does not work at all. Seems its some kind of driver issue. There is yellow triangle in device manager (error code 43). Tried reset network settings, multiple reboots, reinstalling drivers from website. Strangely, there is no section for drivers for this version of Windows yet, but model is enlisted on Acer's website as W11 compatible.

that yellow triangle showing their a driver problem ( clash ) their a few  optains you  can do 
    1) uninstall the problem driver and re install drivers  off  the acer website  as well as  i suggest you dwn-load and reinstall all 
    2) roll back windowsto previous ver
    3) use driver detect programe  like advance system pro has several usefull software including driver booster best part its free to use scans @ fixs /updates  ect free 
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<GOOD-LUCK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    All the SF314-58 models come with that same Intel AX201 WiFi/Bluetooth card. Intel has been updating their drivers for it much faster than Acer gets them validated for the support site. Go ahead and have Intel install the latest. I'm running version 22.120.1.9 from March of this year on my system without issues in W11.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,899 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022
    Hi,

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Yes Intel have really stuffed up in as far as drivers for certain of their cards but in my case it was NOT the Wi-Fi drivers with Win-11 but with Bluetooth. By the sound of things it must be common with Intel as it happened to me (and it drove me nuts) with a Nitro 5 with the Intel Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi/BT card. With this card it’s the Bluetooth that is problematic with Intel’s new and whatever Win-11 drivers that they put on their “Intel® Driver & Support Assistant” as and once its installed the BT does not work at all. What I suggest and as this is what I’ve done, is for you to use the old Win-10 Acer Wi-Fi drivers for your Swift SF314-58 card that Acer has, as that is what I did and the old Win-10 BT driver worked 100% and perfectly for me, yes you can have a different Wi-Fi and BT drivers like a Win-10 BT driver and a Win-11 Wi-Fi driver and both work and they do not conflict with each other .

• DarthImoteP
    DarthImoteP Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I've been through the save issue and even tried clean format my laptop even after the driver roll backs but still did not worked. Finally after doing some power cycles and reverting on a previous driver not the one windows update is providing, my Wi-fi adapter works well again. Hope it helps.