RGB light bar predator orion 3000 PO3-630

greenhill85
greenhill85 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited May 2022 in Predator Desktops
hi all i bought an acer predator orion 3000 PO3-630 a few weeks ago i have already done the noctua cpu cooler change but would like to add another rgb light bar does anyone know what if this light bar will work with predator sense or if you can tell me what rgb will work

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KLOP256-Strip-Computer-Controller-Lighting/dp/B089GZ1WQP/ref=sr_1_52?crid=6VZWOME2XHY5&keywords=pc+light+bar&qid=1651852226&sprefix=pc+light+bar,aps,74&sr=8-52

thank you 

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I stand corrected, I missed the LEDH1 connector on the motherboard diagram #11:
    What they don't give us is the pinout of that connector. I see in the block diagram:
    there is a small micro-controller driving four potential RGB outputs. My guess is there are two grounds and four sets of RGB output signals on that connector, but they might be 5V and they might be 12V. You could potentially use the app to drive the stock LEDs at full brightness in red and measure voltage on the connector, the switch to full brightness green, then the same for blue to determine both voltages and pins for the signals...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Well, yeah, it should work fine. But you get no 100% money-back, no-questions asked, guarantees from me. Amazon might though  :)

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    edited May 2022
    I don't know what the power budget is for the RGB header on the motherboard, and in fact when looking at the images of the PO3-630 motherboard, I don't see an RGB header for a light bar at all. Most of the lightbars use a four pin connector with Red, Green, Blue and Ground and run at 12V. The one you link seems to just have 5V, data and ground, so it has to have smarts onboard to handle the effects. I don't know where the data signals are going to come from, unless there's an external controller for it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • greenhill85

Tinkerer

first of all i would like to thank you both for replying.

Billsey - i have had a look at where the light bar is connected and tracking the cable back to the mb it is connected in the top right corner (under the r1707 conector) (hopefully image attached) it is connected under the cables but the markings around it are ledh1 which is connected to the front control panel or BRG 12v ?
  • JackE
    Well, if I were  really into RGB bling (which I'm not), I'd blow everybody away with the outside of my orion with all the bling thrown at it from one these babies. :)

Jack E/NJ

• greenhill85

Tinkerer

😂😂😂😂 well i do have my dj equipment set up to it already but that's for party times 😉
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    I stand corrected, I missed the LEDH1 connector on the motherboard diagram #11:
    What they don't give us is the pinout of that connector. I see in the block diagram:
    there is a small micro-controller driving four potential RGB outputs. My guess is there are two grounds and four sets of RGB output signals on that connector, but they might be 5V and they might be 12V. You could potentially use the app to drive the stock LEDs at full brightness in red and measure voltage on the connector, the switch to full brightness green, then the same for blue to determine both voltages and pins for the signals...
  • greenhill85

Tinkerer

im afraid im way to much of a noob to start measuring voltage supplies shame really thought it would be nice and a easy to add another light bar or 2 especially at the base of the case and/or under the graphics card.

Thank you for your help but i will just keep it how it is
  • JackE
    >>>well i do have my dj equipment set up to it already but that's for party times>>>i will just keep it how it is>>>

Awww! You don't like having parties? :)

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Yeah, that's pretty advanced hacking when you are getting that down and dirty with voltages...
  • greenhill85

Tinkerer

Just as an update and if anybody else needs it, i took the risk and bought an airgoo rgb led strip kit that is 12v and has a 4 pin connection link below, i have fitted both the led strips today and they have been working for the last 12 hours i have disconnected the rgb light strip that comes with the desktop and used the MB header for the new ones pics attached

Link to airgoo led strip
    NEON RGB LED Strip for PC, 2 x 15.7inch RGB LED Strip for 12V 4-Pin RGB LED headers, Compatible with ASUS Aura RGB, MSI Mystic Light, ASROCK Aura RGB Motherboard, with 12 pcs Strong Magnetic Brackets https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081549FCX/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_YFENMJS1QJGY25E8QGH3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• JackE
    That would blend right in with downtown LasVegas. :)

Jack E/NJ

• greenhill85

Tinkerer

Thanks Jackie 😂😂😂 but i think when done right rgb can look classy 😉
  • NHT
    NHT Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hello, may I ask where I can get an MB layout for my MB? I am planing to change some case fans and upgrade my cpu cooler from air cooling to aio liquid cooling so I need to know which type of pump/fan/rgb my MB has, my PC is a Predator Orion 5000 P05-610. Thanks you!

• JackE

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/NHT This thread is over a year old for another model. Best to start in new thread.

Jack E/NJ