Bluetooth has disappeared Aspire XC-340,

Andoid
Andoid Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

For no apparent reason, Bluetooth has disappeared from my Aspire XC-340, and the button to turn it on / off has disappeared, what do I need to do?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@Andoid

As a work around, you can try doing Power Drain and BIOS reset. That might get back you the Bluetooth icon. 

To execute it...

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Disconnect all cables including Power.
    3. Then press & hold power button for 20 seconds.
    4. Later reconnect all cables and power on the unit.
    5. When you power on, immediately start tap the DEL key.
    6. That should get into BIOS. Press F9 , Enter and F10, Enter.
    7. Computer will again restart. Check for Bluetooth icon. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @Andoid

You can try to reinstall the bluetooth drivers to check if that makes any difference.

Bluetooth Not Detecting Devices in Windows 11

NOTE: After uninstalling the driver try to reboot the laptop to reinstall the uninstalled driver back to the computer.

If in case it doesn't work then you can try to do a complete reset.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/recovery-options-in-windows-31ce2444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5#bkmk_win11_reset_pc

Check the above link to do a complete reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It helps to look in Device Manager as suggested, but don't just look for the Bluetooth driver itself. The Bluetooth function actually look to the system like it's sitting behind an internal USB port, so if there is a driver issue with it the Bluetooth won't be visible at all, just as if the card was not installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Andoid

Tinkerer

Hi,

The Bluetooth adapter "Realtek Bluetooth... " is not there.

If I try to reinstall the Bluetooth driver how can I tell which one as there appear to be two different drivers.

• What happens when you click here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Andoid

Tinkerer

Bluetooth is also missing from the action menu
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Hold the SHIFT key while restarting and do a repair or ALT-F10 while booting or do a Create WIN 10 or WIN11 bootable USB then do a repair fix.
  • Did this problem start after some windows update?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    Do you still have WiFi? Both WiFi and Bluetooth are on the same card internally so if one goes out usually the other does too. If WiFi is working fine and Bluetooth is showing as not installed then the issue is almost always in the USB connection managers or hubs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Andoid

Tinkerer

Yes, wifi is working fine, so how do I investigate further the USB connection manager or fix it?
  • jimis786
    jimis786 Member Posts: 1 New User
    When you restart your computer, hold the SHIFT key and do a repair, or ALT-F10 while booting or create a WIN 10 or WIN11 bootable USB then do a repair fix.
  • Can you tell me the model of the wireless network card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    In Device Manager expand both of the USB sections at the bottom so we can see if there are any errors. A glitch there is what will make the Bluetooth invisible to the system.
  • Andoid

Tinkerer

Yes, there is an error in the USB area, how do I fix this?

• What happens when you uninstall and delete this driver?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    Yeah, if the driver is corrupted all manner of weird things can happen. Remove those two with the Device Descriptor failure then reboot and see if they fix themselves.
  • Andoid

Tinkerer

I removed both and restarted, one of them returns and Bluetooth is still missing
  • Try updating the drivers through windows update. Also install the drivers provided by OPTIONAL UPDATES.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@Andoid

As a work around, you can try doing Power Drain and BIOS reset. That might get back you the Bluetooth icon. 

To execute it...

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Disconnect all cables including Power.
    3. Then press & hold power button for 20 seconds.
    4. Later reconnect all cables and power on the unit.
    5. When you power on, immediately start tap the DEL key.
    6. That should get into BIOS. Press F9 , Enter and F10, Enter.
    7. Computer will again restart. Check for Bluetooth icon. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Andoid

Tinkerer

@Balatekie

You're a superstar, I followed the instructions exactly and Bluetooth is back.

Many thanks to everyone for your support, it is all greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Andoid
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Super Fix.