Can't connect to Wi-Fi from the latest version of driver - Nitro-5 AN515-45

Puttaku
Puttaku Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2022 in Nitro Gaming
I'm currently using a Nitro 5 laptop and recognize that I can't connect to my home's Wi-Fi. So I tried to Uninstall the latest version of the driver and reinstall the older version and it worked but got weaker Wi-Fi quality. I've also tested it with other devices and it's working fine.

Is there anything I have to do to fix this or do I only have to wait until the future update?

My Spec:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
GPU: RTX 3050
MEM: 16GB
Wi-Fi: MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Puttaku said:
    I'm currently using a Nitro 5 laptop and recognize that I can't connect to my home's Wi-Fi. So I tried to Uninstall the latest version of the driver and reinstall the older version and it worked but got weaker Wi-Fi quality. I've also tested it with other devices and it's working fine.

Is there anything I have to do to fix this or do I only have to wait until the future update?

My Spec:

What MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 driver are you trying to install and what OS do you have installed Win-10 or 11? As the Acer MTK MT7921 wi-fi last driver is the version 3.0.1.1300 and the last MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 is the version 3.0.1.1309 as this is a “Windows 11 (Version 21H2 or later), 10 (Version 1909 or later)” so download that and see if that will work (btw that link is from Lenovo) as Wi-Fi drivers are not problematic like Bluetooth drivers are and should work. 

I don’t know what you have done or if your laptops MTK MT7921 wi-fi/bt card is not at fault or faulty? But you should firstly and completely uninstall the wi-fi and bt drivers at Device Manager and in Control Panel > uninstall a program then uninstall the BT driver as you should have the BT driver there, then reinstall both MTX drivers for BT MTX version 1.3.15.141 and the new MTX wi-fi version 3.0.1.1309 and reboot > login and see if the wi-fi is activated? 

If its not then press the F3 key to reactivate the wi-fi function, as its impossible that the MTX drivers don’t work, as and if the MTX drivers don’t work then it’s your actual MTK wi-fi/bt card that is faulty and needs replacing, I would suggest if this card does not work to change the card to the other Acer OEM wi-fi/bt card fitted to the AN515-45 the Intel AX200 wi-fi/bt card as Intel have better drivers and update their drivers consistently and often, so try that and let us know as and if your wi-fi does not work with these drivers no “Maybe I've to give up and wait for the stability patch” will make the wi-fi work!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    If it was mine, I'd first try the Win10/Win11 ACER drivers again at this link. If still an issue, then download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll pick up anything better on line. As a last resort, I'd probably bite the bullet and get the better Intel 1650i card for less than $20usd.

Jack E/NJ

• Puttaku
    JackE said:
    If it was mine, I'd first try the Win10/Win11 ACER drivers again at this link. If still an issue, then download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll pick up anything better on line. As a last resort, I'd probably bite the bullet and get the better Intel 1650i card for less than $20usd.
    I've tried the latest version driver on the Acer website, but it is no use.
    Maybe I've to give up and wait for the stability patch.
  • JackE
    >>>reinstall the older version and it worked but got weaker Wi-Fi quality. >>>

Try this with the old driver. Open Device Manager. Click network adapters. Right MTK wiki properties. Click advanced tab. Click preferred band. Try 2.4GHz band first. if still weak, try 5GHz band.

Jack E/NJ

• Does the same problem occur when uninstalling killer control center?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Puttaku said:

My Spec:

What MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 driver are you trying to install and what OS do you have installed Win-10 or 11? As the Acer MTK MT7921 wi-fi last driver is the version 3.0.1.1300 and the last MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 is the version 3.0.1.1309 as this is a “Windows 11 (Version 21H2 or later), 10 (Version 1909 or later)” so download that and see if that will work (btw that link is from Lenovo) as Wi-Fi drivers are not problematic like Bluetooth drivers are and should work. 

I don’t know what you have done or if your laptops MTK MT7921 wi-fi/bt card is not at fault or faulty? But you should firstly and completely uninstall the wi-fi and bt drivers at Device Manager and in Control Panel > uninstall a program then uninstall the BT driver as you should have the BT driver there, then reinstall both MTX drivers for BT MTX version 1.3.15.141 and the new MTX wi-fi version 3.0.1.1309 and reboot > login and see if the wi-fi is activated? 

If its not then press the F3 key to reactivate the wi-fi function, as its impossible that the MTX drivers don’t work, as and if the MTX drivers don’t work then it’s your actual MTK wi-fi/bt card that is faulty and needs replacing, I would suggest if this card does not work to change the card to the other Acer OEM wi-fi/bt card fitted to the AN515-45 the Intel AX200 wi-fi/bt card as Intel have better drivers and update their drivers consistently and often, so try that and let us know as and if your wi-fi does not work with these drivers no “Maybe I've to give up and wait for the stability patch” will make the wi-fi work!

• JackE
    >>>reinstall the older version and it worked but got weaker Wi-Fi quality. >>>

Try this with the old driver. Open Device Manager. Click network adapters. Right MTK wiki properties. Click advanced tab. Click preferred band. Try 2.4GHz band first. if still weak, try 5GHz band.

Jack E/NJ

• Puttaku
    StevenGen said:
    Puttaku said:

My Spec:

Oh god, I've updated the driver from the Lenovo site and it's working like a charm.
    Thank you so much for your help/
  • Puttaku
    StevenGen said:
    Puttaku said:

My Spec:

Oh god, I've updated the driver from the Lenovo site and it's working like a charm.
    Thank you so much for your help.
  • FernandoPolo
    FernandoPolo Member Posts: 5 New User

Wow...it works. THANKS

This is my second unit I have this problem (have to return the first one). Tried installing driver from acer. the problem keep coming, it's so annoying, especially if it's happen during zoom meeting. until i find this thread.

Weird that acer still doesn't update the driver and only re-upload old problematic driver on their website. they don't even have driver documentation like lenovo did on theirs, driver installation is also less intuitive too compared to lenovo.