I have a SW5-012 device and I can't run windows 10 64 bit on the machine and it doesn't see boot up

Esam56
Esam56 Member Posts: 1 New User
I have a SW5-012 device and I can't run windows 10 64 bit on the machine and it doesn't see boot up for windows 64 but it works with only 32

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022
    Esam56 said:
    I have a SW5-012 device and I can't run windows 10 64 bit on the machine and it doesn't see boot up for windows 64 but it works with only 32

The Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012 is a very low spec 10.1" tablet sort of a laptop, its Intel Atom Z3735F cpu with its integrated Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail) can handle modern graphics that has a base 1.33GHz and burst (like turbo) frequency of 1.83GHz and has 2 MB L2 Cache but, this cpu's can only handle max 2GB RAM and its just not good enough to run Win-10 64bit, this cpu’s Intel RAM spec is at Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) of 2GB with Memory Types of DDR3L-RS 1333. Stick to the 32bit Win-10 as that is its max limit or below and what its made for. 

• YES Intel specs say that its got Intel 64 bit, which is Intel® 64 architecture that delivers 64-bit computing on server, workstation, desktop and mobile platforms when combined with supporting software but, the Intel 64 architecture improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4 GB of both virtual and physical memory, which this does cant have as RAM.
    • And the "Instruction Set is at 64bit" which refers to the basic set of commands and instructions that a microprocessor understands and can carry out. The value shown represents which Intel’s instruction set this processor is compatible with and that is why this struggles with Win-10 64bit OS'.

Btw I’ve got the Aspire One Happy 2 with the Intel® Atom™ processor N570 at 1.66 GHz at 1 MB L2 Cache, with the integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (which can't handle modern graphics) which came this laptop came OEM with 1GB DDR3-1066Mhz memory and I’ve tried to run Win-10 64bit with 2GB DDR3-1333MHz and a Samsung 2.5” EVO 850 SSD and it still was slow as a snail and was just freezing and took 10 min to boot and just not good enough for the Win-10 64bit Home OS. You can try Win-8 64bit or Win-7 64 bit as that is what my Aspire One Happy 2 came with and a poor version of a secondary boot Android OS also. Get a new laptop as these Acer early 10.1" tablets sort of a laptops are very basic and can't keep up with todays tech and graphics for even decent browsing. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,654 Trailblazer
    The SW5-012 models didn't support more than the 1GB or 2GB installed on the motherboard, so they didn't allow the system to boot from anything other than a 32 bit image. They also tended to have small eMMC drives, so the extra space a 64bit version takes up was a significant factor in the decision. Why do you feel the need to install 64 bit? It'd be slower and take up more room...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.