Problem : turning on the laptop - aspire sw5-012

MehdiMorocco
MehdiMorocco Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 2022 in Switch Series
hello everyone, I recently being asked by a friend of mine to help him with his Acer aspire sw5-012 his windows 8.1 was randomly restarting, so i tried to install ubuntu for him, I managed to boot from the windows and into the ubuntu then tried to install it, I followed a guide into how to setup the partitions and I did everything correctly but when I clicked on install now the pc just shutdown and I couldn't turn it on since then, any help?

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @MehdiMorocco

You can try power drain, that means disconnect the laptop from the charger flip it upside down at the back side there will be a tiny hole that has a battery symbol near to it. You have to push and hold it inside that hole for 30 to 40 secs with a safety pin or a paper clip and then the laptop has to turn on.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • MehdiMorocco
    @ragsak28
    what do i do if it doesn't have a reset hole ? i fliped it and saw nothing except for the screws, I checked everywhere between the mic and sd, nothing.
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    @MehdiMorocco

It will be very small I would recommend you to check it again if not then you have to disconnect the laptop from the charger and then you have to push and hold down the power button for 20 secs.
  • MehdiMorocco
    @ragsak28
    still no response
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Try connecting an external keyboard and getting into the BIOS. The Linux install attempt might have hosed the keyboard connection. You likely would have better luck getting Windows back up then upgrading to W10 with a clean install. If you are fixed into the Linux install, don't try to do partitions manually, use a modern 32bit Linux distribution and let it setup everything automatically after wiping all the Windows partitions off the drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.