Acer Nitro 5 An515-54-54 QG fan replacement

Sadpirate17
Sadpirate17 Member Posts: 3 New User
My Acer Nitro 5 An515-54-54 QG GPU fan has been making this irritating weird noise for a a time, A tech cleaned both fans for me , but then I found out that the GPU fan should be replaced but I couldn't find the fan that fits my model, what should I do ? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry, the reason is that the dual fans are unitized  inside a thermal module. Your machine should have one of the following modules shown below for the nvidia 1650, 1050 or 1660TI GPU. Google the part no shown for vendors and prices who ship to your location. Price about $75-100usd for a new replacement module.

Jack E/NJ

• Sadpirate17
    I'm sorry , but is there is no other solution than replacing the whole thermal module?
    Because a tech checked the laptop and confirmed that it's only the GPU fan that is causing the problem , so can't I just replace it only?
  • JackE
    Yes, if you are able to separate and remove the fan from the thermal module assembly. Sometimes the thermal assemblies use plastic welds that make the fans difficult to replace without causing collateral damange. The individual fan volt amp model # specification should be described on a label affixed to the center of the blade rotor.

Jack E/NJ

• Sadpirate17
    Sorry for bothering, but is this thermal module compatible with my device?
  • JackE
    N17PG0-K1 should fit if you can confirm that it has the 1050 GPU. My search shows  AN515-54-54QG should have the 1050 GPU. Press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. Click components folder in left pare. Click display folder in left pane. nvidia GPU model should be shown in right pane

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru