Acer aspire x xc600 will start up a infinite amount of times

Mahemikill
Mahemikill Member Posts: 2 New User
Hey, i have a Acer aspire x xc600 i know this is a old computer but i have a issue with it. When i try to start up the pc it turns on all normal but as soon as its running it gets in a infinite start up loop. It keeps loading and trying to start up but after 3 minutes of loading a massage pups up saying 'starting the pc up again' and this goes on for ever. And i have no idea how to fix this and make sure my pc starts up again normal. Please help me!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The Aspire XC600 is a pretty old system, 3rd gen Intel chipset and Windows 8 originally. :) Typically a boot loop means something is wrong with the Windows image on the disk. It sounds like it's not getting to a login prompt, so it's unlikely to be a corrupted user profile. What OS Version is installed? What we are going to have to do is boot into diagnostics and look at things like the drive and the OS. Do you have access to a different PC and a flash drive (16GB would be just fine, and even 8GB should work). If so you need to either use the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft or Rufus to use a Windows ISO and make a bootable install drive. With that drive inserted into a USB port we want to boot to the BIOS and verify that Secure Boot is disabled, the F12 Boot Menu is enabled and the boot mode is UEFI. The last of those is the default, the other two default just backwards from what we want. With those settings saved in the BIOS you can restart the computer and use the F12 key to get the boot menu, then choose the flash disk as the boot source. When you get to that point come back and let us know and we'll have you try to diagnose what's going on. Your machine is old enough it could easily be a failing drive...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mahemikill
    Mahemikill Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey! First i wanna thank you for helping me fix my pc. So i did all the steps and the first time i booted my pc up tru the flash drive it told me it was going to look tru my drive and after i got a blue screen from microsoft with a qr and a massage telling me something was wrong. I did Not get to scan the qr sadly but when i tryd to boot up my pc the same way again tru the flash drive. I got a massage saying scanning for errors on the pc but it never loaded past this. And i tryd 1 final time but i Just got the massage saying it was gonna turn my pc off and on again. So did i do something wrong with the flash drive? Or do u think its a different problem? Anyway thanks for helping me!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Next time you see the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death, where the QR code was displayed) take your phone and get a picture of it. That helps a lot in figuring out where the problem lies. It still sounds like the drive may have failed, hence the scanning for errors. It shouldn't have to try that if it's really booting on the flash drive, so it's possible the drive didn't get setup right. How, specifically, did you get it created?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.