Acer Quick Access is Consuming Large Memory

johnchou77
johnchou77 Member Posts: 1 New User
Symptom: Everything is OK just after power-up, but if I use my laptop for weeks without shutdown or reboot, "QAAdminAgent.exe" increasingly consumes memory, up to several GBs. 
I've tried another version of Quick Access (3.00.3009), and it appears all the same. What's wrong with this software, or is there a version that fixed it? 

Model: G3-571-77QK
System: Windows 10 Home 1909
Quick Access Version: 2.01.3028

Answers

• mirh
    mirh Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

This is still a problem in 2022 btw.
    Version 3.0.3038.0.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer

Uninstall Acer Quick Access and then you won’t have any problems, I’ve only got “Acer Care Centre” installed and that uses very limited and very low resources, you don’t need Acer Quick Access.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    My QA has been running for several days and is using about 1/1000th that memory. 3.0.3038 under W11. Having yours running at that high of a load is unusual to the extreme....
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mirh

Tinkerer

My system had an uptime of 50 days tbh.
    With more or less as many cycles of sleep and wake (your utilities seem especially not to like btw, like acer care center deciding out of the blue that it is "still initializing")
    And to be fair it wasn't physical memory per se that it was stealing, but what resource monitor calls "commit".

So you may give a check to these variables.
    I have an AN515-55 if it can help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    On my Nitro, it's been up for 53:21:xx:xx, so 53 days. Here is that snippet from the Task Manager:
    So still a bunch less than yours...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mirh

Tinkerer

That's not the right column...
    IIRC the default one is just the private working set of physical memory.
    If you fire up some memory intensive application (I don't know, games? blender? chrome with two tabs?) Windows will justly flush much of it to the page file and profit. But the virtual memory will still be through the roof.
    Try to enable "commit size" and you should see.

I can tell you just in the amount of time between midday and midnight, mine went from ~200MB to ~450MB.
    (and I have basically sat in front of firefox for the entire time)
  • mirh

Tinkerer

If it can help, leaving my computer idle overnight had memory usage untouched.
    On the other hand, I just found out even just closing and reopening most programs (Steam, Blender) causes it to budge a few hundreds kilobytes.

What are you doing (in both QAAdminAgent and AppMonitorPlugin) to be prying the other processes?

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Symptom: Everything is OK just after power-up, but if I use my laptop for weeks without shutdown or reboot, "QAAdminAgent.exe" increasingly consumes memory, up to several GBs. 
    I've tried another version of Quick Access (3.00.3009), and it appears all the same. What's wrong with this software, or is there a version that fixed it? 

Model: G3-571-77QK
    System: Windows 10 Home 1909
    Quick Access Version: 2.01.3028

Something is off here, did you try to check on Acer site for your model to see if there is an update? Download the software from Acer site, uninstall existing and install (the new one, or reinstall the same old version) and see if that helps.

Here are the NitroSense and Acer Quick Access memory usage on my laptop.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045