Display issues - Acer Aspire C27-962

Dimy4
Dimy4 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2021 in All-In-One PCs
Bought a new computer a few days ago. On day 1 everything is perfect, on day 2 issues with the screen. What could it be?
Acer Aspire C27-962

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @Dimy4

Turn off the computer and disconnect the monitor from the computer completely. Press and hold down the power button in the monitor for 30 secs. After that connect the monitor back to the computer and check with like whether it does make any difference.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If that doesn't help, it's likely best to swap it out with your vendor. Going to Acer for a warranty repair will take longer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • leorodriguez4u
    leorodriguez4u Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2021
    Good morning! the same happened to me ;) because mine was out of warranty i remove the cover in the back and disconnect the display connector to the video card clean the port and put it back some how the connector was lose!...
  • billsey
    Try adding a little tape to the connector to help keep the cable in place. The latch should be enough, but that's not always true...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jemaine
    Jemaine Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is this a common thing, because this happened 2 days after my warranty expired, I turned the computer on and had pink lines all through the screen. Acer replaced it and I kid you not, exactly 1 year later to the day I've turned the computer on and the same thing has happened. Now they want to charge me what it'd cost to just buy a whole new computer to replace it!!
  • billsey
    Did you try the suggested fix?
  • bendito
    bendito Member Posts: 1 New User

Exactly the same here!

About of the case:

- Purchase of the device in 9/20, price 688.67€.

- Just 8 months after purchase, the device was sent for repair in 5/21 due to stripes/distortions on the display.

- Just 2 months after the first "repair", the device had to be sent again in 7/21 for repair due to stripes/distortions on the display.

- The returned device had significant external defects: damaged casing (scratches) and a damaged stand (scratches and bumps) after I sent in an intact device.

- Already in 12/22 I had to register the device again for repair, with the same symptoms as in 5/21 & 7/21 (stripes/distortions in the display). Incidentally, for data protection reasons, the device was sent in without data storage for every repair, which was recommended to me by support.

- Now I get a cost estimate (€639.40,) in which the individual parts of a completely new device are listed.

- After my complaints they offer to switch LCD module and LCD cable AND mentioned "The case parts are on the estimate because of the partly cosmetic, partly mechanical damage" <<< again: THE DAMAGED PARTS WAS SENT BACK TO ME BY THEM!!!

I am speachless!